General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Retrofit Heated Seats option on CLK...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Default Retrofit Heated Seats option on CLK...?

Anyone attempt to retrofit the heated seats option on a CLK or any other late model MB for that matter...?
Seems the wiring would be in place and I'd need the dash switches, seats coils, and ...?
The car I bought came from Atlanta and wasn't ordered with heated seats but they'd be real nice
here in Colorado...

SMD

Old 12-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Retrofit Heated Seats option on CLK...?

I found 4 aftermarket heated seat kit manufacturers on the web... Now if I can just locate the
stock heated seats dash mounted switches I'll be set.... Even found one manufacturer selling a
ventilated seat kit...

SMD

Old 12-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Watch Ebay. They come up from time to time. Also auto recyclers/junkyards for the switchesm, or if you are feeling spendy, the dealer

Old 12-15-2006, 05:09 AM

W208 or W209?

If you have a (US spec, pre-wired) W208 CLK, you can get original MB heating pads, switch and wood panel... shouldn't be too expensive (PM me, if interested). However, retrofitting heated seats in a W208 isn't really easy. Doable, but not easy.

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 12-19-2006, 12:40 PM

W209... Decided to go aftermarket, Check Corporation product...

Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Started the install last night and when I got to the part where I dissassembled the seat cushions, there was the MB Factory seat heater grid, electrical connectors, etc... So, it appears that retrofitting the heated seats, in the CLK anyway, would be a matter of purchasing the dash mounted buttons and having an MB Tech "turn on" the feature... Also, the instructions are very generic and by no means cover the MB Seats which are an absolute PITA to dissassemble when it comes to the lower seats cushions and leather cover...
The job isn't finished yet so can't comment on how well or poorly the seat heaters work yet... Also, very surprised to find how few circuits in this car are "switched" with the ignition... I found almost all circuits are hot even when the ingnition if off... I ended up using one 10 amp circuit in the aux fuse panel in the trunk and the 15 amp cigar lighter circuit under the hood... Geting the wires into the interior from under the hood is a PITA too...

Old 12-27-2006, 04:12 PM

Finished the Drivers seat install Saturday... Much easier once I figured out the clips that hold the seat leather to the foam cushions... Must be a special tool required but I figured out a way to get the seat apart and together much quicker... The drivers seat did not have the factory heated seat grid like the Passenger seat did (...? ) ... Mounted the 3 level control buttons to the wood trim below the shifter and it looks decent... Seats don't exactly get hot nor do they do it fast but they do heat up to a comfortable level...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Default Add heated seats to my 2001 CLK320

Hi,

I know this thread is old but, I have been trying to convert or add heated seats to my 2001 CLK 320 Cabrio. I added the switches to the panel that is grouped with the hazard light and found the two cables taped back to the wiring harness. I plugged them in and the heat switches light up; click once up and one light goes on and click twice up and both lights go on. However, not heat.

I found that the pad that everyone is thinking is a heat pad on the passenger seat is actually the weight or child sensor for turning the air bag on and off.

Does anyone know of the wires that run along, under the door sills that will power the seat pads when added? Is there another module that gets plugged under the seats that power the heat pads?

Thanks,

SirSwift93