General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Question about the new E63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Default Question about the new E63 AMG

Hey Benz guys! I'm new here and am extremely impressed with all Mercedes Benz AMG vehicles that come out of Affalterbach. I'm not here to offend anyone but I ran an E63 AMG Sunday night and came out victorious all three times by a decent margin, granted it was an extremely fast car. I talked to the owner at Outback Steakhouse afterwards and he told me that he only had 400 bhp during his break-in period and after this so-called break-in period he would have the full 507 bhp. Now I have heard this for the new BMW M5, but I have never heard of such for any AMG model vehicle. Was this comment true from the owner or was he just blowing smoke up my *SS? His car definitely was faster than a 400 bhp sedan, so that's why I didn't believe him. Please, any and all, chime in here and give me the facts about this comment. Again I'm not trying to offend anyone, as I'm seriously impressed with these vehicles and greatly respect their performance. I'm just really want to know if this 400 bhp comment was true or not until his break-in was up. Thanks in advance.

Corey

Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Default RE: Question about the new E63 AMG

Not sure about his comment but were you really surprised about the 3 wins? I mean you have a 523 RWHP/508 RWTQ cobra..... This car is only rated at 507BHP.... figure in all the losses from gearbox/drivetrain/generator/waterpump etc.... Dont get me wrong I would take any 211 over a cobra anyday just because of pure comfort and driveability but when your talking straight line performance...