General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Default Question...

Greetings all...nice to see such a thriving online community here and I'm hoping to benefit from the level of experience within.

To cut to the chase: A buddy and I were out car shopping yesterday to replace his Lincoln Towncar. After viewing several brands and makes the salesman suggested taking a look at a recent arrival at one his affiliated stores, a 2003 MB C240. The vehicle was a little older than my friend was looking for but at 45k on the odometer the mileage was right and it rang in at below half his budget. Definitely worthy of consideration.

The car is being shipped from Illinois to Indiana for a test drive so he will soon see particulars for himself. After those arrangements were made there was some discussion about aftercare and warranty. Clearly this is a good option, all things considered but at what level is the question.

I was hoping to read any firsthand or anecdotal experience y'all might have regarding the 240 and what one might generally expect from a car of that vintage.

Thanks in advance...