General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Problem with Electic Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Default Problem with Electic Seats

Hi Guys, new to this forum. Sorry to post a thread asking for help on my 1st post

I have an SLK320 (02) what a car, Love it ! However for a while the electric seats have became very temperamental, one day they would work then for some unknown reason they would both stop working. I can’t see this being a problem with the switches at the side of the seats and both seats are affected at the same time.

I thought the seats had stopped working altogether, however wifey went shopping today and low and behold after about 6 Miles she tried the seats and they worked.

Gave the car a good clean this afternoon and tried the seats again, Not Working AHHHH !! [:@]

I have checked both fuses that control the power going to both seats, and found that they are both OK. Other than that I have no idea where to start looking.

I am starting to feel the that it MUST be a loose connection somewhere, however I’m not convinced its on either of the seats. On the rare occasion the seats do work, they are both working; it’s never a case of one working and the other not.

So the next stage is to trace where the wires go from the seats location:

What route do the wires take from the seats?
Does the supply go to one seat then the other, or do they both have an independent supply.
If one seat is fed from the other, which seat receives the power first?
Where do I need to look for possible loose connections, assuming the wires are all intact?
[ul][/ul]
Sorry if the above sounds a no brainer, but if someone can point me in the right direction on the best way to diagnose the problem it would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks