General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

No Power!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Default No Power!!!!!!!

Hey guys.......just a newbie here.

I have a 98 ML320 that I purchased about two years ago. I currently have about 157,000 miles on the clock. About 6 months ago i noticed that the truck was having a major problem gaining power when going up a hill around 60mph. I can have the pedal on the floor, and nothing happens. Recently, however, the problem has worstened, and i am getting random misfire codes in cylinders 1,2,3, & 6. A local mechanic told me that it was the ignition coils, and that i should replace the four that were misfiring, as well as the wires and plugs.
Well, been there, done that..........and to no avail.
I am at a complete loss........
As long as I drive it like a grandma, its fine. It just really sucks trying to get on the freeway....
If anyone can give me a little insight, I would be in your debt.
Thanks,

Nate

Old 11-23-2007, 06:47 PM
NAZ
Default RE: No Power!!!!!!!

SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE AIR MASS SENSOR PLAYIN UP,NO NO WAY ITS THE COILS..................................

Old 11-23-2007, 07:32 PM

Could bea fuel delivery problem. Maybe a fuel pump that is not sending the volume of fuel needed. Also could be a fuel filter. Another thing which I have seen is plugged exhaust doing this. The coil replacement is totally unnecessary. I can see maybe one coil going out, but not 4! Unless you were speaking of the coil wires that go to the spark plugs. In this case, if there is a misfire, I would recommend changing ALL wires. Changing the wires on only the cylinders that have a code for a misfire will not resolve it.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 AM

70% its the MAF.
Stuart

Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Thanks guys. I'm def going to try replacing the fuel filter and the mass air meter and see what happens. I will repost afterwards and let yall know what happens.

Thanks again

Old 11-24-2007, 05:15 PM

hey i had the same problem and i replaced the air mass......i gotta c230 komp/ 2003. i still dun have as much power as i used since other parts got affected that i stll dont know about ..thank god its in storage....DUN DRIVE YOUR BENZ TILL U FIX IT!!!!!!!!