General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

motor shaking a lot why

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Question motor shaking a lot why

my car mercedes 190d diesel 5 cylindre and motor is shaking a lot what is the problem and since more than a yr when i shut the key the motor still runs for 2 seconds or so and it makes a bit of smoking fumes from the head of the motor and I chek the filling of oil the stick says full but i check from the opening of engine its seems empty and some fumes and on the side of the engine there is a small hole size of a toot pick hole , is it possible that the dipper is wrong telling me it could be empty i used 14w40 oil shell graded last oil change was 2 winter ago and just change for a new battery and 3 times i had to recharge to make the start , and it seems that nthe valcves to unlock and lock the doors are not working my email is routhier@cgocable.ca and all1rathya@hotmail.com

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

the dip stick might be correct but the oil pump might not be working.

the 2 seconds part could be the shut off valve is a little off. and the smoke could be related to the engine not getting oil.

if the engine is running and there is oil circulating the crankcase, then opening the oil plug will cause the oil to literally splash out. If none, then there is probably none circulating.

This sounds like a problem that should be found and fixed quick. It is relatively hard to ruin a 190D engine but oil starvation is a relatively quick way.