General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

LOST KEYS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 AM
Default LOST KEYS

how would I get spare keys if I lost the only set I have?

thanks
jason

Old 06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Default RE: LOST KEYS

dealer maybe?

Old 06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, I think the dealer is the best bet as mentioned earlier

Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 PM

i agree, the dealer is your best bet. there are cheaper alternatives, but the dealer keys are going to work for sure. better for a little pain of the price rather than alot of pain later

Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 AM

Take your registration, drivers liscense and a second picture ID, especially if your license doesn't have a picture of your obviously handsome faced. They will send all the info down to NJ and state you have lost your keys and you will have a set back, under these circumstances, back in a day or two at most. I understand Mercedes can provide keys for any post WWII car with proper ID and proof of registration. If the car is payed for it wouldn't hurt to bring your title with you. The are very, very fussy on matters like this, But they will provide you with as many keys as your willing to pay for.

NOW GET ON THE STICK AND DO WHAT I TOLD YOU, AS I WILL HAVE A TEST ON THIS POST IN A LATER POST. To see if you did the right procedures.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:10 AM

well....i'd like to present you with complicated scenario.

say...the title and the registration have BOTH names of my wife and me. my name is exactly like the one on my ID.

but...my wife and i are currently separated. not divorced.

scenario 1: my wife has no problem whatsoever with me keeping and driving the car. but she is not going to do me a favor by appearing at the MB dealer to say she has no objection over me making a key or keys. should benz dealer insist her appearance or affidavit from her? if so, what would i do? now who should do what?

scenario 2: my wife is not very happy about me keeping the car. but so far she has not made trouble. but if i ask her to appear at MB dealership or provide affidavit....she is going to start to make a scene. in this case, if the dealer did not ask for her or her statement for permission, is the dealer in legal trouble with my wife? if the dealer asks and i cant produce her or her support, am i in a dead end?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 PM

I am going thru a divorce. First thing I tell U, a separation is the worse thing you could have done. I will bet you she will want a divorce. Did you get a written separationa agreement drawn up by lawyers, which outlnes each and every aspect of a separation. If not your separation is not legal. If you or her go out with a another man or womem and it is found out, that is consider at least in MA adultery. Never separate, your next stop is divorce court, This happened to me. and it is a statisical fact trail undocumented separation have a divorce rate of 95%,

Now to the keys. Mercedes doesn't give a darn who brings in the ownership documents, there could be 500 names on the registration, as long as you can prove your U, there is no problem. You take the ID STUFF yourself. As woman who are in the "divorce mode" have other, they think, more important thingsa to worry about.

If you live in MA I got the late Johnny Cochrane of Divorce lawyers, and I still am losing my shirst and pants for that matter,

Good luck on both situations. If I were U I would file first, at least your the plaintiff. As i said she will file and you will have your finger up where the sun don't shine. Take my advice I was married 31 years and she ran away with a convicted felon truck driver????? I guess is has a larger attribute then I. Don't believe that garbage that she doesn't love U anymore or doesn't think she does, TAKE MY ADVICE SHE DON'T LOVE u ONE BIT AND YOUR IN FOR THE BATTLE TO SURVIVE. FILE, FILE, FILE

Old 06-03-2006, 10:42 PM

Found them!