General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

How to close sunroof manually on c230 kompresor

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Default How to close sunroof manually on c230 kompresor

My sunroof on my c230kompressoris stuck open, and I lost my manual. How do i manually close it, I know there is a manual crank but Im not sure how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-adrian

Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Default RE: How to close sunroof manually on c230 kompresor

Year? Coupe or sedan?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Hi there, Its a 2002, coupe, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Quotes denote actual wording of manual for 02 Sport Coupe.
“Roof drive is located behind the lens of the interior overhead light.â€
“Pry off the lens using a screwdriver.†(pic shows screwdriver in middle of lens closest to windshield.

“Slide both locking tabs in direction of arrow, lower rear of cover and remove.†(pic shows tabs closest to reading lights)(arrow direction is toward windshield)
“Note: Do not disconnect electrical connectorsâ€

“Obtain crank supplied with vehicle and insert through left hand side motor hole.†(crank is ‘S’ shaped Allen key).

“To slide roof closed or to raise the roof at the rear: turn crank clockwise.â€
“To slide the roof open or to lower the rood at the rear: turn crank counterclockwise.â€

If you are successful the roof will have to be resynchronized according to the manual.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:26 PM

Okay so, where does this crank-tool usually hang out? Since I'm not the first owner of mine, and I don't remember seeing it, then mine may be missing. If I know where it's supposed to be, at least I can be sure. Otherwise, it's off to the dealership again.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:40 PM

My MB is the 2002 C230 Sport Coupe. I've owned the car since new and while I don't believe I've ever moved the "Allen Key" I can't guarantee yours is in the same location.
In my car the S-shaped Allen key is located under the floor of the trunk.
Lift up the carpeting, remove the brace over the spare tire, unscrew the tire hold-down and remove the tire. Then remove the semi-circular plastic cover in the bottom of the well/hole. Under the plastic is a compressor, tire jack, etc as well as the aforementioned S-shaped Allen key.
Good luck.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Thanks gilgorm. I have the coupe too, but mine is missing so I guess I get to buy a new one. Also, you have a compressor? Man, someone lost lots of stuff out of mine.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Cool help on my sunroof

[quote=adricagu;105354]My sunroof on my c230kompressoris stuck open, and I lost my manual. How do i manually close it, I know there is a manual crank but Im not sure how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Lauriham66]

Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Can any other allen wrench be used if the factory one is not in the vehicle?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Default This is how to close sunroof manually on c230 kompresor

You need a 4 mm. Allen wrench, if it's long enough you can use a small pipe or similar to turn the Allen until the roof is closed, you can also open it the same way.
The Allen fits in the center of the flat part of the motor, not on the round cylindrical
I did cut an Allen wrench (measures about 5" long) and I carry a 1/4" ratchet with a short extension and a shallow 4 mm. socket that fits on the Allen, with this set-up you don't need anything else, same as stated above, you can open and close the roof as many times as you want, be gentle , enjoy and good luck.

Quick Reply: How to close sunroof manually on c230 kompresor