General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

HELP. Can't reset FSS and other electronic issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Default HELP. Can't reset FSS and other electronic issues

Hi all, I'm new here and have a 1999 C230 kompressor that I have had 9 months. This board has been very helpful in finding good info (i.e. what type of oil to use)

It now has ~98k miles and so far I really like the car .... except it seems to have a bit of flakiness with the electrical/electronics.

I just did my own B service and want to reset the FSS back to zero and I try and I try and I try and I still can't get the thing to reset. I have carefully gone over the instructions in my manual and on here and I just can't reset the bugger [:@]

Has anyone ever seen this? Is something with my computer wacky? Can anyone suggest anything?

Also I have had my BAS/ASR light on now for a while, when I first got the car it would go on once in a while then a few months back it stayed on. I know, I know, bring it to the dealer, somethings wrong, but I'm not 100% sure. (ps checked the brakes and they "look" ok) and I know there were quite a few TSB's on the BAS/ASR. Even with the light on the ABS brake system works, I know it because I can feel it working on a slippery stop.

A little more bit of information of quirkiness:
1) the windows work, but once often I am not able to enable the "one touch down" feature (where you press it once and the windows go all the way down).
2) just in the last week or two the WB (weather radio) stopped picking up any stations its just static. The AM and FM seem to work fine (typically they are very strong radio stations and get many channels)
3) the Cruise control has never worked since I have had the car.

Can anyone suggest anything? I feel the electronics are a bit flaky. Is there a device that I can buy (relatively cheaply) that will read the error codes on the computer and also let me reset the computer and codes.

Thanks to all in advance