General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Heater finally working in all modes on

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Default Heater finally working in all modes on

my 450SLC. I had the car at a private Mercedes shops, need 1 new caliper left rear, pads all around and 2 rear disc, as the ebrake pads were rusted to them. Also, I was having trouble with the ACC Servo after having it repair. Found out there was a vacuum leak and a wire detached from a vacuum switch that controlled the blower in the bi leveal from defrost mode. The defroster worked like crazy in what is called emergency mode. It seems if there is a malfunction in the system and the servo is OK, the system goes into emergency mode, blowing heat at full blast from the defroster and side vents on the dash only. So you have some heat. Now when I push bi level, auto hi or lo the blower comes on. Still need to wait and see if the AC works. But I a sure it does, as in defrost the AC is on when the the AC switch on the dash if off or on to help defrost. Tomorrow my son and I are going to "bleed" the system of air, but losening the hose that draws fluid into the hearter core, it run under a plastic cover on the firewall, and with the engine running turn the heat to defrost and highest temp on dial and fill the expansion tank as with the hose loose. I was wonder if aniti freeze come out of the hose, how to get it our of there? Found out there are some drain holes, for water to drain out. Also, I read once the anti freez starts to level off in the expansion tank you tighten the hose and fill to the top most level line in the tank. Also, had a new pushing, metal, installed in the kick down switch, and the switch adjusted a bit higher. The accelertor was a bit stiff. I did spray some lithium grease on all the accelerator parts under the hood. WRONG, Hydraulic jack fluid only on the acclerator linkage, as well as the cruise control linkage, now it is the linkage is muc smoother