General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Door Lock Syncro???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Default Door Lock Syncro???

I have a ML500 and the door locks are out of sync. driver door lock is oposite the other locks (Lock remains unlocked while all other door locks are down / locked) The Key fob works intermitintly. Can you help or suggest a bypass?[&:]

Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Default RE: Door Lock Syncro???

Need to clarify the fault.

You say "out of synch" but this would be true if one of the locks wasn't working once every other operation.
The locks on MB's are worked by pneumatics but I don't know for sure wether ML is (made in the USA). If so it eliminates the pump unit known as the PSE.
Possible that one of the supply lines is trapped, cut, unconnected etc but unlikely unless a brand new vehicle or after major repair.
Therefore likely cause a faulty door lock "motor"

I assume you don't mean that one door unlocks when the others lock and vice versa.....or do you?

Remote intermittent operation.
Need more clification. Position of remote control is significant. i.e. My SLK won't unlock if held at 5 o'clock (plan view) but fine everywhere else due to aerial position.
Do you have good batteries in the remote? If they are going bad then they can sometimes muster sufficient power for one op and then die until they have time to recover etc.

Stuart

Old 11-16-2006, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the answer, The drivers door is completely opposite the remaining doors and gate. (Unlocked when using locking button on key fob, all other doors lock, Locked when using the unlock operation). This hold true if I use the lock button in the console, or if I use the key in the doo, I am not able to lock the car. any help will be appreicated. Bill

Old 11-16-2006, 01:29 PM

Hi,
..."I assume you don't mean that one door unlocks when the others lock and vice versa.....or do you?"...

From your most recent post it appears that you do!!

The only thing that I can think of is that the door latch has been incorrectly fitted with the Unlock connection being transposed with the Lock, and vice versa.

How long has this problem been going for? Since the car was new, since an accident, since you had a new lock fitted, ever since you have owned the car but it was not new when you got it.

I will check the worksop manual to see if it is possible for the connections to be reversed. I would have expected them to be inhibited in order to prevent the symptoms that you are now experiencing.

Be back in the next 24hrs.
Stuart

Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 PM

I'm back.

It appears that the ML is different to most MB's. It uses electric motors on the door locks, not pneumatics.
However the principles are the same.
I suspect that one of the wires in the multi connector adjacent to the "odd man out" latch has been assembled correctly.
Need to access latch and wires by removing inner door pad.
Using multimeter work out which wires are responsible for lock/unlock and reverse pin positions.

How old is your vehicle?
Maybe this fault...which is preesumably a manufacturing defect, will be covered by warranty or goodwill.
MB should be suitably embarrassed when you show it to them.
"Built in America"....LOL. However part is most probably made in the third world.
Hope you get it sorted.
Stuart