General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

CD Changer installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Default CD Changer installation

I have a 2002 C320 and I want to install a CD Changer that fits in the glove box. Does anyone have instructions on how to install it. I have the cd changer and the fiber optic cable. Thanks

Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Default RE: CD Changer installation

i have instructions but remember that the radio headunit needs to be version coded for the changer or you may experiance operational problems. also you d2b cable has to be a 2 way inother words a bose cable configuration it should look like a large black plug on the cd side with a red and white optic end
and the other side a side optic end (red) and the other side a single white with a smaller black junction block connector thats for a 320 c-class the 240/230 non -bose have the large black conn. on each side which just plugs and play to back of radio and cd changer. now remove the head unit unplug d2b conn you should see the same small blok conn right after the large one in back of radio lift the small metal clip on conn. pull out fiber optic (red one ) install the red one from your cd conn close clip then place the (red) optic end from the radio conn. end into the small block conn from your cd block conn. which has the (white) optic end. behind the radio youll see a black plastic ramp of sorts located rt side an back behind radio feed the cd optic conn. end through now inside glove box is perferated section Lt middle pop it out feed cable all the way through find the wake up line (powe supply) harness usually on rt side under ash tray assembly which was removed to remove head unit.its a 3 pin conn (blue,red,brown wire color code i believe) hint some times its taped to harness rt side just below where the center console meets the lower rt section of the dash (pass side)fee the harness through whole fiber optic cable is mount the cd bracket (bolts to side of changer over the top of changer extended tab on top pointin g to driverside ) oh ya important!!!!( on each side changer youll see v - h make sure the round metal bar is closest to the h on both sides that positions the reader correctly. need to be in horizontal position or cd porblems will exist ) lay fiber optic cable in large loop gently push changer in glove box finding the top of bracket to notch in lt side glove boxz wall with the black wood screw tighten rt side of changer where mounting hole is (*** make sure the fiber optic cable is not bent crushed kinked the larger the loop the better as long as it dont pinch on the loop you should be ok excpet for the version coding which is done by a shop ) good luck

Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Default RE: CD Changer installation

amendment to the fiber opticc conn. install ( look a t the d2b optic cable you have one is exposed while the other end has the black block connector on it (i thing that one is red) all this info was from memory so please bear with me !! the bare optic end of the new harness (one without the black block conn I THINKa WHITE TIP.) is what plugs into the black conn on the radio d2b harness(so you should have red optic comming out of radio going to white optic into changer / then red optic out changer into white optic into radio ) . THE PATTERN SHOULD BE RED!! OPTIC CONN. TO WHITE!!! OPTIC CONN .