General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

c240 Sludge problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Default c240 Sludge problem

Hello! I am in need of some help!! I purchased a 2003 c240 from a Mercedes dealership 3 years ago. I have had several problems such as crank sensor, air cond had to be replaced and a few minor problems. I always take it back to the dealership that I purchased it at everytime any little thing happens. I had it there in April of this year because I was driving and it would just shut off. The dealership said I had an oil leak and the crank sensor needed to be repalced. I had both done as well as my oil filter changed. Two weeks ago I was driving and it sounded like a diesel truck and shut off. I had it towed to the dealership and they said my engine was blown from sludge in the engine. I have had all my services and olil changes done there, something isnt right. Which of course they wanted 15k to replace. My father towed it home flushed out the engine and changed the oil & filter. He said it had looked as if the oil filter had NEVER been changed.
The car is running now but the RPM are running high and it makes a noise when I accelerate. Any ideas??? I dont trust bringing it back to dealership.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Default RE: c240 Sludge problem

i suggest taking it back to the dealership and finding out why its making the niose and why its rpm is higher then take that diagnosis to a repairer that specalizes in mercedes benz as this repairer will take more pride in your car and fix it correctly as they normaly reliy on repeat bussiness and their labour rate will be cheaper too.

i`m know this cos i work in the parts department at a autharized dealership in australia and my friend operates his own workshop reparing mercedes benz.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Default RE: c240 Sludge problem

YOU BET YOUR LIFE YOU HAVE A SLUDGE PROBLEM! A FRIEND OF MINE WORKED IN A MULTILINE DEALER AND TOLD ME THAT MERCEDES WAS HIT WITH A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR THIS REASON. INSANELY, CUSTOMERS FORGOT ALL THE COMMON SENSE THEIR FATHER TAUGHT THEM ABOUT CHANGING THEIR OIL REGULARLY AND BELIEVED THE BULL**** ABOUT GOING 13,OOO MILES WITHOUT CHANGING THEIR OIL. YOUR CAR MAY LOWER THE IDLE NOW THAT THERE IS LESS RESISTANCE INSIDE THE ENGINE ONCE THE COMPUTER RUNS THROUGH ENOUGH CYCLES TO CONFIRM THE NEW INTERNAL OPERATING PRESSURES. AS FOR THE ENGINE, I WOULD HAVE IT EVALUATED BY AN INDEPENDENT SHOP AND FIND A LAWYER WHO SPECIALIZES IN AUTOMOTIVE ISSUES. TAKE NO PRISONERS ON THIS ONE. BEST OF LUCK.

WILL