General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

C220 Central locking

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Default C220 Central locking

Hello im having problems with my central locking everytime i turn on my alarm it doesnt lock[:@] when i try locking the door with central locking button it doesnt lock[:@] when i try locking with the key it doesnt lock[:@]!!!

Im wondering if its got something to do with the map light in the car not to sure what its called but the ones situated above the driver and passenger the ones that light up the whole inside car had abit of an accident and ripped out all the wire so nthing works at the moment. And you know how the lights are connected to the doors you know if you put it on door setting when you open the door the lights inside turn on? not to sure if it is that.

But now everytime i turn on the alarm i dont hear the central locking door turning over so plse plse for car security if any1 one can help me with this big problem i have i would be most appreciated!!!

SO PLSE ANY1 IN MERCEDES LAND PLSE HELP!!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Default RE: C220 Central locking

The door locking system, the security system and the interior dome light are all controlled by a module in the boot called the PSE.
Since your wiring for the interior light has been damaged this may be upsetting the inputs into the PSE. Alternatively the PSE has gone bad which is quite common.

Need to first get the interior lighting circuit reinstalled. Then need to read codes on PSE. MB garage equipment (= charge £) is required for this.

Subject to the outcome of above likely you will need new PSE.

Many factors influence failure of PSE especially water ingress into boot. Very small quantities in the wrong place. Whats the history, mileage and operating environment (Arizona or Missisipi) on this vehicle? Stuart (asot53@dsl.pipex.com)

Old 10-30-2005, 07:59 AM

Hey snanceki,

Dude that was a big help ill take it to a sparky and see what they can do but honestly u have bassically confirmed what i was thinking of and hopefully it is that so i will try to get this sorted soon cause my car does not lock at all so bit o a worrie aye cause lot of sleepless nights at the moment!!

But again thankyou very very much!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:00 AM

Oh and im from NEW ZEALAND so dont live in US dude but thanks again