General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

89 300 SE Speaker installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Default 89 300 SE Speaker installation

Hello,
I'm new around here but I need some help.
I have a 1989 Daimler benz 300 SE, I picked up teh car from my grandparents who had the car imported from germany.

Anyway I Installed my new headunit ( Eclipse Cd5000) but I need to run wire for my front speakers, but I don't understand how to wire the wires from the Headunit mount box ( center console) to like the doors and dash speakers. Anyone have a guides or pictures and would be willing to help me install/run new wire for my speakers.

I chose to run all new wiring because I couldnt find the facotry amps to run wire to them and save myself alot of trouble.
I ordered teh headunit off Crutchfield.com and I talked to them and they told me that the amps were located in the trunk so I took out all the carpet in the trunk and ofcouse no amps or antyhing like that.

So far I've looked for these amps in the
Trunk
Under passasnger side kick panel and passanger side panel thats right not to the kick panel and door.
Under seats.

I really dont know where else to look for the amps.

So please let me know if you can help me wire new wire to the existing speakers ( find the slice point where the dash and door speakers connect.) or know where the amps are located in my car.

Thanks so much!