General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

'00 ML DASH SQUEAL & NO POWER TO FRONT 12V OUTLET

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Default '00 ML DASH SQUEAL & NO POWER TO FRONT 12V OUTLET

O.K. I have a couple of problems with my '00 ML320 that maybe someone could help me with here. The first is that my front 12V outlet suddenly quit working. It is the power source for my satellite radio, which just shut off about a week ago. My husband has checked all of the fuses, and cannot seem to find a bad fuse. Are there more fuses somewhere, other than the fuse box in the engine compartment, or does anyone know what could be the source of this problem? The outlet in the cargo compartment is still working fine.

Secondly, I have noticed lately an intermittent squeal in the front dash. At first I thought this was connected to the heater, as it seemed to disappear when I shut the heater off. However, this morning it didn't resolve, even after turning the heater off, and even continued when the car was completely shut off. It finally went away when I restarted the vehicle. Any ideas here, or do I just have ghosts in this car???

Old 04-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Default RE: '00 ML DASH SQUEAL & NO POWER TO FRONT 12V OUTLET

all the interior sockets are on the same fuse, it in the right front kickpanel, the plug might have came loose if the other sockets work, the squeel might be comming from the fuse box in the engine bay, there is a little blower motor that will squeel when the car is started, or it might be comming from the a/c flap control for the recirulated air, the blower noise comes from the drivers side, the a/c noise comes from the passenger side