Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, lighting effects and other exterior mods here.

WINDOW TINTING

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005 | 02:27 AM
Default RE: WINDOW TINTING

Living in GA. I have yet to have a problem. Lugnut you really can't notice the difference that much. As for the tint...it's one piece and works great.

Old 10-28-2005 | 08:08 PM

i also did a tint on my s500. all the windows on the side doorsare tinted 30% and in the front and back its 20%. everything total was more then 100. it looks nice and clean. cops cant tell if i tinted the windows darker then the limit, so its all good.

Old 10-28-2005 | 08:23 PM

Cops use a light meter to check if the tint is legal.

Old 10-28-2005 | 08:39 PM

I don't know how accurate the info on this site is. According to the GA "tint law" link, any tint on the windshield and 20% tint on any other window is illegal.

Look at the penalty. You can be fined up to $1,000 and jailed for up to 12 months for violating the tint law! That's ludicrous.

Beware - An owner of an out-of-state car caught in GA with illegal window tint is subject to the same penalties under this law.

Old 10-28-2005 | 10:03 PM

All you need is a letter from, your optometrist saying your light sensative. The cops can write all the tickets they want. The light meter cops carry can only be used for the side window. They cannot do back or front windows. To be honest Lugnut, you can't even notice the tint on the front. 20% is very light.

Old 10-29-2005 | 01:14 AM

Actually, you would need a letter from an opthamologist or other MD attesting to your medical condition that prevents you from being unshielded from the sun. An optometrist isn't licensed to practice medicine and isn't qualified to write the letter. Also, it wouldn't be as easy to get as you make it sound. Not impossible, but not easy because most doctors wouldn't lie in writing. It would be like asking a doctor to give you a letter so you could get a handicapped parking permit.

Still, an exemption isn't guaranteed.

The Department of Public Safety may, upon application from a person required for medical reasons to be shielded from the direct rays of the sun and only if such application is supported by written attestation of such fact from a person licensed to practice medicine under Chapter 34 of Title 43, issue an exemption from the provisions of this Code section for any motor vehicle owned by such person or in which such person is a habitual passenger. The exemption shall be issued with such conditions and limitations as may be prescribed by the Department of Public Safety.
If a cop wanted to give you a hard time, they could tell if you have tint on the windshield. Anybody can tell by a close examination.

Old 10-29-2005 | 03:16 AM

In that case I'll take the ticket. Thanks for all your info...

Old 10-29-2005 | 03:40 AM

Up to a $1,000 fine and up to 12 months in jail in GA. Good luck.

Hopefully, if you get caught the cop will just make you remove the tint while he watches. My next door neighbor when I lived in MD had to do that. Her side windows were too dark. The cop gave her a choice of removing it or getting a ticket.

More hopefully, cops will being doing something more important and just leave you alone.

Old 10-29-2005 | 07:14 AM

$1,000 fine and up to 12 months in jail !!

Damn.... That's a pretty steep fine for friggin window tint. I would hate to find out what they'd charge you if you really did something wrong.

Old 10-29-2005 | 06:33 PM

I'm not sure. Does GA have the death penalty?

Quick Reply: WINDOW TINTING