Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Need 300SD WVO Mechanic In Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Default Need 300SD WVO Mechanic In Los Angeles

Greetings,

I'm in need of someone to look at my 300SD in Los Angeles CA. I am having compression problems.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM

It would be better if you said what your Symptoms are and the mileage on the Engine.

Unless you actually did a compression test or for some reason your Engine is cranking extremely easily how would you guess you are having a compression problem.

Assuming that you do have a Compression Problem start with a Valve Adjustment as prior owners and new owner either don't know they need to be adjusted or don't want to pay to have it done.

And, start using only Diesel Fuel.

Another issues is the WVO use can cause sticking Piston Rings, gum the Injectors and sometime ruin a Fuel Injection Pump.

I know from what I have read that the stuff that builds up inside of the Fuel Tanks over several years of WVO use is near impossible to get out.
That tenacity of the residue reduces the chances that you could pour something down into the Cylinders and let it soak in a week or so and have that work to free up the Piston Rings.

Also if you do not do the work yourself to have a Mechanic deal with it is going to cost your more than a complete used Engine would.

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 11-06-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Rule violation
Old 11-17-2013, 06:33 PM

To see what v. o. does to the combustion chambers of your engine, put a little in a pan and cook it till it evaporates. If you're married DON'T do that in the house and DON'T use one of your wife's good cooking pans. The stuff that sticks to the pan also sticks to your cylinder walls, and piston rings. The only thing that will take that stuff off is heat higher than what it took to put it there, or lots of hard scrubbing and elbow grease. If you do have a compression problem, first run it on diesel or QUALITY biodiesel then take it on a good long road trip (have someone with a trailer standing by in case it doesn't make it) the heat built up by continuous running might break some of that buildup loose and blow it out the exhaust. The good thing is it will generally turn to ash when it comes loose, probably won't cause piston/head collisions. Run it hard, it'll either clean up or blow up. Good luck