Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

1977 300D for sale whole or parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Default 1977 300D for sale whole or parts

Ok this is what I have and what I'm asking:

1977 300D. Yellow. Ran great last summer. I drove it to Cleveland and back from Arkansas twice and loved the ride (1 stop each way). It started getting cold late last fall and it wouldn't start. I NEVER had any problems with it running bad or anything, I just haven't tried it since. I just don't have time to work on it. I bought it from a dealership in Washington state and lost the title when my ex left. I think she took it with her but anyway . . . I know the title is good and if you want it and want to deal with filing for a bonded title or lost title in the state of Washington then good for you. I don't lol. I DO have the bill of sale though.

It's been sitting in the driveway for almost a year and I just want to get it gone.

What's wrong with it:

Passenger side rear axle boot is torn and sometimes it causes the shaft to knock. Sounds a lot worse than it is. Drivers window rolls down the rest don't. Reverse gear doesn't work. Yes it doesn't back up, but who wants to go backwards anyway? It goes forward just fine! AC doesn't blow cold but the heat works good. I had some issues with the vacuum diaphragm on the fuel pump shutoff but I believe I had that fixed before she retired for the winter. Cosmetically there are tears right where you'd expect in the seats and she's been sitting under pine trees so there's sap on the paint. Overall she's been a good car for me and I'd love to keep her, but I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and I work my *** off and the last thing I want to do when I come home is spend all day under the hood. I'm sure that if you have minimal diesel experience you can have her up and purring in no time,

Tell ya what, come pick it up and I'll throw in the tranny and what's left of the engine (after I parted it out) off of a 1985 300DT. Maybe an extra hood too. Heck it's worth a shot, right?

I'm asking $800. I know I can get more than that by parting it out but I"ve done that before and it's a pain. Good deal if you know what you're doing with these cars.

email me at blank_zilla@yahoo.com