Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Hey yall, First Benz and need advice on adding a sub!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Default Hey yall, First Benz and need advice on adding a sub!

Hey everyone,

Now this is my first Mercedes Benz, and coming from a 98 Honda accord, I am used to many audio upgrades such as my two twelve inch subs. Now I know alot about subwoofers, just short of pro install levels from working at a local audio store, but I am very weary about messing with the Bose audio system in my 1999 CLK430 coupe. I have seen many extras that advertise that they are needed to make the bose system work with any additional add ons.

Please, dose anyone else know anything special I have to do to my Benz before I put a sub in my trunk?

Any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Hey yall, First Benz and need advice on adding a sub!

first buy an amp that uses the non rca style imput jack. (the 4 wire plug thingy) because the factory radio does not have pre-outs. next hook up the amp just as you would any other car. and then install subs.

i do not recomend going with an aftermarket radio head unit because your radio has what are called D2b cables (thats mercedes for fiber optics) and that how the stock system ties in all the components. (cd changer, amp, phone unit...) DO NOT MESS WITH OR CUT THESE CABLES!!!. if you do, nothing will work again till you replace the cables. just do it the way i told you and you will be happy!