Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Bosch Euro headlights for my 450SLC

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Default Bosch Euro headlights for my 450SLC

I recently got a pair of Euro headlights (Bosch) for my 79 450SLC. The kit comes with a wiring diagram, but the diagram is either wrong or only for one side. The diagram does not say what side it is for. According to the way I understand the shop manuals wiriing diagram for the entire electrical system of the car. The rigfht headlights, are wired to the left and then back to the switch, except for the fog lights, which are wired thru the left headlights, then tot he right and back to the pull out portion of the dash switch, first detent. I have already rewired the fogs to come on with th4e parking lights, to give me a broader range of lighting.

Does anyone know how to wire these euro headlights? The right side works fine wired according tothe diagram, but as soon as I try to wire the left side the sameway, I get into problems, such as, when I turn on the left turnsignal and the all the other lights are off, the
right headlight flashes also.

When I turn the headlight on the left headlight is on high beam and the right is barely visabile, until the push the stalk forward for hi benas then both of them are on low beam. These are just two of the oddities, I guess is a good way of wording it, I have run into. I went back to the stock out box configuration for the left and the only thing that works on that lamp is the directional. Odd the under the bumper parking and turn signals use a 21w/5w dual filament bulbs but the Euro use a signal filament bulb for the turn signal and parking light on the side of the headlight. There is only a signal contact on each side, Should these euro pariking lights flash for turn signals also?? Or as someone suggested perhaps they are cornering lights and parking lights and should only stay on when turning and the under the bumpers are the turnsignals and the euro also should stay on in the parking light position and the under the bumper should go off and not be used as parking lights????