Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Anyone have ARGOS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Default Anyone have ARGOS?

I am considering getting Argos system to replace my TIMEPORT cell system. I have the Voice Recognition System in the 170 and it is supposed to allow continued use of it. I already have Razor and it makes sense not to buy another cell phone and have an additional phone number.

So I am looking for imput on it. Has anyoneinstalled this system? If so, what do you think?

Thanks

Old 12-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Default RE: Anyone have ARGOS?

I have just received my Mikbox.

My freind just upgraded to the Mercedes bluetooth system from a Statac system. Lots of noise and not as clear as his old system. I will let the forum know about the upgrade from Timeport to Motorola E-815 and Mikbox as soon as it's installed.

Alan

Old 12-25-2006, 04:50 PM

My understanding is I would have to replace my TIMEPORT system with a V60 system before I could use a Mikebox. The Argos is supposed to work with any bluetooth phone, so this appears more attractive.

Thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM

Hi all:

Just installed the Mikbox! From my Timeport system to Motorola E-815 (incredible product for the money)
An experianced Mikbox installer could probably install this in 20 minutes. It took me longer.

No upgrade was necessary. My friend just upgraded a Startacto a Mercedes Bluetooth. ( Expensive and noisy ) not as clear as his old startac. In all fairness he does have a CLK convertible and no exterior antenna with bluetooth.

I have a 2001 S600: with CD changer, Voice module and PSE behind left rear wheel hub.

5 bars with exterior antenna connected.
Phone book down loaded immediately.
Outgoing sound is perfect.
Incoming sound is clear but through rear speakers only. (working on it)

Hardest part, finding and identifing PSE part number. I paid a local installer to find it and he wrote down every number on the PSE but the part number. So I did it myself.

I would like to Thank Tom from K1Motorsport for offering recommendations.Doesnot sell the Mikbox product, but was helpful. Sounds like good people to me.

Mikbox 4 out of 5 stars. If all speakers work during a phone call 5 out of 5.

Alan B

Old 12-27-2006, 02:10 PM

Good to hear.

My problem is MIKEBOX doesn't support the Razr phone..

Old 01-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Default I have ARGOS.

I have the Argos in my 2003 CLK 430 Conv. I got it last April and had problems with the first unit. It worked okay for a few days and then started making a noise like a siren but was heard only on the other end. They replaced the unit and after about 5 months the new one started the same thing. While I was working with it I noticed that the only thing holding the connector to the board was the solder and this had worked loose from vibration. By then they had realized that they had a manufacturing flaw and had added an epoxy to help secure the connector. I think I was just the victim of an early product release but they game me no flack in swapping the units and the local rep here in Atlanta them around very quickly. It works great with my Razr and even does surprisingly well with the top down. I would recommend it.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Default RE: I have ARGOS.

Msorrells was it difficult to install?

I expect I will get one by the end of the monthwhen Cingular will stop my Timeport service.

Thanks