New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New Member, long time owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Cool New Member, long time owner!

OK, back in the 80's (I don't dare think which exact year!) I bought a 1962 Mercedes-Benz 190C 1.9 I4 in mint condition.

I drove it for a few years at weekends and stuff, but eventually didn't have time to keep it on the road, so I put it in my garage in the late 80's, and haven't removed the cover since...

I wonder if she will look the same as she did when I covered her ?

Over 30 years does take its toll, I should know!

Since I'm semi-retired now, I have decided to go to the very back of my garage, pull the cover off, and get her going again, so I can enjoy my older years with a nice Merc!

It'll be really strange seeing her again, as I'd almost forgotten I even owned her until I thought about it tonight!

I'll need to replace the hoses, oil, coolant, battery, tyres, bushes, transmission fluid, and spark plugs before even turning the key, and even then there will probably be more problems like corroded grounds and stuff.

It doesn't bear thinking about! But at least the paintwork is almost guaranteed to be in the same mint condition it was in when I covered her, as 2 months before being garaged I treated her to a fresh coat of black with extra laquer.