Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

s430 trunk won't open.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Default s430 trunk won't open.....

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. I have had a 00' s430 at my shop for about a month and half, and today I was told to make up a parts list for it, and the battery was dead. So I went to the trunk, and won't open. Apparently at some point this has been an issue, I would assume, and the key tumbler has been hacked up pretty good. I can fit the key in it, and turn it, but it just turns full 360 around. I tried using my powerprobe to the circuit on the trunk release button on the drivers door, but I got nothing. How in the world do I get into this trunk? This really has me scratching my head. I looked and looked for a jump spot under the hood and couldn't find anything. How can I jump it without having access to the trunk? I figure if I can get it power, then I can unlock the car and get the trunk release on the trunk to work. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 PM

pull up the carpet on the passenger side up under the dash and pull back the carpet as far as you can theres a metal floor board at the very front of the floor. 3 10mm plastic nuts hold on the floor plate. remove the plate out of the way and youll see a fairly large plastic prefuse with large gauge wires on it. jump the car there. i put a small visegrip on the large 13mm or 15 mm nuts then attach the jumper pack clamp to the visegrips . then pop the trunk.
if you cant get into the car either, you need to access the other side of that prefuse block on the passenger floor, under the car and jump from there.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Thanks a lot I will try that tomorrow, today was more of a ford day, lol.
I want to verify it is the front under the dash for the prefuse, and not under the back seat. I pulled the back seat up yesterday and found what looks like a prefuse. or is it definitely under the dash passenger side?
And I guess I can save this question till after I get power to it, but my concern is going to be getting the trunk open. It looks like the lock has been jacked with, not sure if that was a break in attempt or someone trying to get the trunk to open also. If it doesn't work for me tomorrow, I will inquire as to what I should do for the trunk. Thanks for the help, saved me lots searching!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 PM

yeah those tumbler locks are junk in those benzs i see them all the time f'd up.
ive jumped many s classes that way and it should start the car and you should be able to open the trunk via the interior switch.
it is the front passenger side under the dashboard under the carpet and metal floor panel.