Mercedes Benz Forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums > Mercedes Benz Models > Mercedes M Class
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mercedes Forum!
Welcome to Mercedes Forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Mercedes Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Fuel Gauge Error - 01 ML320

I have a 2001 ML 320 55K miles. When I fill up the gas tank, it shows only 3/4th filled on the Fuel gauge.
I took it to the dealership and they tested & reset the fuel sensor. They said its woking fine for now but may start giving an error again. The fix they said is to have the entire Instrument Panel replaced at the cost of $500.

WTF ??? MB cant make a decent fuel gauge mechanism !!!! Anybody else had this problem ( I bet they did )? and what was the fix ??

Thanks,
Nick

Register today for free or log in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Default RE: Fuel Gauge Error - 01 ML320

I have similar problem,Ihave 2001 ML320. I filled it up last night instead of the fuel gauge go up, it was slowly going down until it reached the empty. Now the light goes on and off when I drive like my gas tank is empty. I am not sure what the problem is yet but I am going to bring it to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 PM

INSIDE YOUR FUEL TANK IS ALSO LIKE INSIDE OF TOILET BOWL TANK..............OPEN YOUR TOILET TANK AND FLUSH THE WATER................... WHEN THE WATER IS EMPTY AND START FILLING UP AGAIN...... YOU WILL SEE THAT THE LONG STEM WITH A BIG PLASTIK THING IS SLOWLY GOING UP.......... THAT S THE SAME THING INSIDE YOUR FUEL TANK......... EXCEPT IN FUEL TANK IT'S EQUIPT WITH WIRES TO SEND A SIGNAL TO YOUR GAUGE IF IS FULL HALF OR WHAT EVER..............IT EQUIPT WITH SENDING UNIT.............YOU HAVE TO CHAGE THE FUEL TANK GAUGE............. THATS BAD...... ITS NOT EASY TO CHANGE..............ITS LOOK LIKE THIS ON SOME OTHER CAR

SO380x electrical fuel level sensor
[ul][*]electrical fuel level sensor incl. fuel gauge (illuminated, D 50 mm)[*]operating voltage 12/24 V[*]SO3802 suitable for fuel tank SE2023, SE2024, SE2025, ST2027, RT2058[*]SO3804 suitable for fuel tank SE2026, SE2027, SE2028[*]SO3808 suitable for fuel tank SE2029, SE2030 [/ul]
OR................LIKE THIS ONE .........
Click the image to open in full size.IT'S HARD TO CHANGE....... IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DOING...............YOU CAN FIND IT INSIDE THE FUEL TANK........... SOME FUEL TANK YOU HAVE TO BRING DOWN THE WHOLE TANK..... SO GOOD LUCK
Fuel Sending Unit
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:34 PM

This happened to me. Go to the fuse box and remove fuse #7. If it is okay, replace it. This reset my fuel gauge.I also bought Valvoline's fuel system cleaner to help clean the sensor.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 AM

Thanks guys. The Fuel level sensor is fine according to the dealership. They suggest to change the Instrument Panel. Anyone else has this advice ?

jhubex - any update on your situation ?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 AM

my ml has the same problem. 1 way to get around is fill the tank up with 1 less gal (i.e. in ml320 19 max, fill it with 18, or 17.5 gal). it is troublesome, but you can save some $$ for now.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 AM

the light will blink if you dont have the gas cap tight enough?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 AM

Tags
2001, 320, cost, fuel, fuse, gage, gas, gauge, ml, ml320, problem, problems, sensor, tank, work