Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

1999 C280 Sport. Windows issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:00 AM
M_Z
Default 1999 C280 Sport. Windows issue

Hello people. Really weird thing happened to me today. I was driving and all the sadden all four my windows would go down at the same time.after they went down, they wouldn't work at all.they don't work now. I can't close them up. And I Live in Iowa. Raining.People, I need your help

Could it be because of water? Some safety thing maybe? I had cup of water and I think some water might go on the panels where all the buttons are. by the way, side power mirrors wouldn't work either. and sun roof would behave weird. it would open. but to close it I have to push the button to lift it up, not to close it.
So if it is a water, any suggestion what should I do? or could it be just fuse? the fuse is the first thing I'm going to ckeck tomorrow morning.
will see.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
M_Z

Ok, so I took my central panel off.cleaned it.three windows out of 4 worked. one window sounds like motor works, but window doesn't operate. side mirrors worked as well. however, I have a new problem now...
Every time I start my car, trunk opens automatically(

cmon guys, nobody knows what the problem could be? I don't wanna go to stores or services, they won't know. here in US, well at least in Iowa nobody know a thing about Mercedes.(

Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
M_Z

o wow. trunk opens even when I'm driving. on D position

Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 AM
M_Z

ok, so I just let it dry up. and It worked.well, at least trunk, three windows and the mirrors. How ever, passenger front window works, but you have to push the button up to make roll down and the button down to roll it up.
weird...

Any way, now have the rule in the car - NOOOOO DRIINKS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 PM

i would say you need a switch pack.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Default First do a cold reset of your system -

This model is a generation 1 "smart" computer that interacts with all systems.

My windows get all wacky once in a while too - but if you open the trunk, disconnect the ground for the battery and wait about 2 minutes, then reconnect - a dollar to a donut says all your windows will work fine.

This also works with minor check engine light codes btw.

While the cable is off you might want to just cycle all the switches too about 20 times each - just to clean the contacts.

You'll have to reset the up and down position and the opened/closed on the sunroof and the two front windows. The sunroof will move about an inch at a time till it resets it's own internal memory when opening it after a zero-volts reset like this.

Let us know if this helps please?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
M_Z

So ok, I tried to do it by myself, but couldn't unplug the battery.it's in pretty uncomfortable place and I don't have special tool( So yesterday I went to change an oil and asked them to reset it. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell them to cycle the switches 20 times As a result it helped for the passenger front window. Now it operates as it supposed to. However all the windows don't work for Automatic position. You know when you push the button twice it rolls down or up automatically. So this is not working now for any of the window. And sunroof works just like you said, step by step. and I didn't get it how should I reset moon-roof?

but at least passenger window is working as it should, up and down. Thanks for that!

Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
M_Z

Hey guys, does any body know why the feature that opens and closes windows from Remote sometime might work, sometimes might not. what does it depend on? maybe battery of remote? or?