Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member..1st Benz

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Default New member..1st Benz

I forgot to mention that im a new member in my first post. I have a black 2003 Mercedes C240. Im planning on some minor upgrades like tinting the windows and exhaust tip. I would really like to tint my windows the Mercedes blue tint( i hope you all know what im talking about).

Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Default RE: New member..1st Benz

A word of advice when it comes to tinting your car......these cars have extremely tight weatherstrips on the INSIDE of your door up against the glass. You can see it if you look carefully down at the bottom of the glass. It runs the length of the door glasses. Your car is one of a few makes that, when tinted with the usual stuff, is HIGHLY likely to be scratched by the window going up and down constantly on the glass. Ask me how I found out! There are huge deep scratches in the tint film on the inside of the glass running vertically, as if some dirt/dust was trapped on that weatherstrip and scratched it. Dealers and tint shops are aware of this but may not tell you. It's just a matter of time before your tint job looks horrible. Here's the fix, and many tint shops will do it for you. If you're smart, you'll let them do it BEFORE they put the film on, not after! They remove the door panels and pull that weatherstrip off and replace it with something called "moleskin", which is soft and fuzzy, but much thinner and therefore much less pressure on the glass. Yes, you pay a bit more for this, but unless you want a problem later, do it. I didn't and now mine has to be redone the right way. Ask the tint shop....they will tell you. Dealership won't. Of course. They are in denial still.