Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/sale-trade-classifieds-6/)
-   -   FS: NC 1991 Mercedes R129 500SL Signal Red, 133K Miles, Maintained, Records! (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/sale-trade-classifieds-6/fs-nc-1991-mercedes-r129-500sl-signal-red-133k-miles-maintained-records-54967/)

pnb94 08-18-2014 09:40 AM

FS: NC 1991 Mercedes R129 500SL Signal Red, 133K Miles, Maintained, Records!

5 Attachment(s)
Asking $7,900 OBO. The car is on EBay starting at $6,900 with no reserve.

I am selling a meticulously maintained classic 1991 Signal Red on Palomino (Tan) interior Mercedes 500SL (SL500/r129) with 133,xxx miles. This car has been maintained throughout its entire life. I have a book full of records that totals over $13,000+ in receipts from the last couple years alone. It just had brand new spark plugs put in during the last 100 miles. All service is up to date on this car.
The engine is in amazing shape and has been fully maintained. There are no oil leaks, ticks or broken gaskets. The carfax does show a that the owner backed into something in a parking lot. It left a scrape on the rear drivers side bumper that affected the paint only. This was touched up, I have it pictured, but it is hard to see in the picture. It was very minor damage. It also has a couple small cracks on the lower front bumper valence from curbs stops in parking lots. This is the only thing that I can think of that is wrong with the exterior.
The car has been garaged its entire life and you can tell from the paint. It is a two owner car. The hood and entire car does not have a single ding/dent on it. This is one that you have to see in person. The paint looks like it was delivered from the showroom. It does have a small crack on the wood grain between the AC controls and the Head Unit (Can’t see it in the picture). It has a CD Changer in the trunk.
The car comes with all of the original equipment including the original owners manuals, full tool kit, medical kit, 2 original keys, the color matched red hardtop (which comes with the original dolly and cover all oh which is in excellent condition). The cylinders for the convertible top are leaking, so I put the top down manually. This takes under 1 minute to do. You can order the cylinder repair kit online for $14 if you want to have these fixed. The cloth top is in amazing condition due to the fact that is was garaged. It has no leaks tears or wear.
The rims are in great shape and the tires have about 80% of the tread left on them. Other than the convertible top being manual, everything works on this car as it should and drives like it was purchased last week. If you are looking for a well maintained 500SL in excellent condition, this is the car for you.
Call or text 919-539-3768