For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: Large dealership sign - MUST SEE!

Old 11-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Default FS: Large dealership sign - MUST SEE!

I recently "inherited" (via buying my new home) a very unusual item - it is apparently a Mercedes dealership sign, square shaped, approx 7' x 7'. Looks like it's made of fiberglass with an aluminum frame. The frame has hinges at the top. It may have been illuminated, I don't know for sure.

The guy I bought the house from was restoring a late 60's SLK convertible (I think...?) When I was negotiating buying the house he tried to sell the sign to me but I didn't really want it. He couldn't fit the sign in his moving vehicles so he just left it here.

Actually, he had covering a set of double doors on a little garage he was building. He hadn't hung his doors yet so he used the sign as a temporary cover - that's why the sign looks dirty (rain splashes down on muddy ground, etc). The sign would clean up very nicely I'm sure.

While I'm not a Mercedes enthusiast (I actually drive an Audi), I do ride dirt bikes, and I participate in an online dirtbike discussion forum extremely similar to this one. I could have put something like this up on eBay but I thought I might find a more appreciative audience here.

I live in the Akron, Ohio area, and I'd REALLY prefer to sell this to someone who lives close enough to just come pick it up, as I don't have the faintest idea how I'd ever ship this monster.

No idea what I should ask for this thing. I guess I'd like to get $100 for it... or make an offer. Local buyers get top-if-not-exclusive preference. If I gotta ship this thing, ... let's just say you must really want it bad because you're gonna need to make it worth my while!

(hope my image uploads worked...)

Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FS: Large dealership sign - MUST SEE!

nice.

try selling on ebay.

it's for rooftop pylon if in pairs, and on wall if only 1 sided.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:24 AM

It's 1 sided.

... why eBay?

Old 11-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

some people likes collecting signage and even cones.