For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 1999 BMW 328I with Competition Audio System in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Default FS: 1999 BMW 328I with Competition Audio System in NJ

I picked up my "new" 2003 CLK55 AMG 2 weeks ago and need to sell my BMW. This is an adult driven show / demo car and a great car for the right person.

Well, It's time to sell the car. Right now with having to travel between Bel Air, Maryland and South Jersey plus traveling up and down the East Coast for car shows I've racked up 142,000 highway miles on the car. The car has over $10K in audio / video gear and installation work plus it has a ton of performance modifications. The car should go to someone who wants to compete in car audio competition or who wants one of the top rated sound quality audio systems on the East Coast since it has won 2 national championships and over 70 first place awards at SQ (Sound Quality) shows all over the East Coast. It was in the Tweeter car stereo buyers guide in 2005 and has been showcased in the JL Audio booth at Hot Import Nights and the FunkMaster Flex car show.

The car is garage kept every night and oil is changed with Mobile One Synthetic every 5,000 miles. I am very proactive with all maintenance.

1999 BMW 328I Sedan (E46 body style)

Here is a list of mods:
Speedline Course 2211 18" wheels with Kumho tires
H&R Cup Kit (lowers the car 2.1" in front 1.8" in the rear)
Shark Injector
ECIS Cold Air Intake
Smokes tail lights
Smoked Side signals
Smokes Front Corner Lights
Original Wheels and Tires included including spare
EXTRA Set of Rear Smoked Lights
AC Schnitzer front strut bar

A/V:
CVA-1004 head unit
CHA-S604 CD changer with Digital out
PRA-H400 Digital Converter / time alignment processor / 2 / 4 / 6 channel crossover
Audio Control DQS 92 band 6 channel EQ
JL Audio JL 1000/1 Sub amp
JL Audio JL 300/4 Amp Bi-Amped to Mid Bass and Tweeters
Hand Built Zobel Network
Dynaudio MD-100 Tweeters
Adire Audio Koda 6 1/2 Mid Bass / Midrange drivers
JL Audio 13W7 13.5" sub
Sony PS2
Alpine Navigation System
Too Much Dynamat to list
Monster Cable Interconnects
Monster Cable Speaker Wire
Yellow top Battery
Clifford IntelliGuard Alarm
LoJack Vehicle Recovery System

The only things that need to be done to make the car close to perfect are that the 6 month alignment is due to be done this month and one of the tail lights is out (it's a duplicate light so I've had no issues with being pulled over for a bad light). To replace the lamp the audio system needs to come out (about 3 hours total for removal and reinstall) and I haven't had a second set of hands to help with pulling the system. I have a feeling that it's the bulb holder that needs to be replaced since the light comes back on and stays working for weeks at a time and then goes out again but I want to make people aware of this in case the bulb is working when the car is sold. The oil sensor needs replacing. I changed the oil a few weeks ago and it still shows a yellow “Oil Low” warning even though the oil is at the correct level. If I had known the sensor was bad I would have replaced it during the oil change now I’ll have to wait unit the next one since the sensor is in the pan and I’d have to drain the oil to change it. There is also a scratch on the passenger side rear and front doors from an errant shopping cart GRRRRR that should be able to be buffed out and a few chips in the hood that are normal for a car with 140,000 miles. The rear brakes were just replaced 6 weeks ago. The Airbag light is also on because I removed the driver's seat to adjust the nav system.

I looked up the retail cost of the parts needed:
Bulb holder - $49.95
Oil level sensor - $109.00
Alignment at specialty shop $120 to $150

I’m not sure about labor but I will be talking to the regional lead installer for Tweeter who did the install over the next few days to find out how much it would be to do the labor on the bulb and update the listing as soon as I can.

I have always done all of the minor work on the car myself and all major repairs have been done by European Performance in Wilmington Delaware who only works on BMW’s. The only other major work done on the car was front undercarriage damage from a block of metal on the highway. That repair was done at DeSimone BMW in New Jersey.

The car is in south New Jersey and I work in Delaware. If you want to see the car or have any questions please email me at bobbeattyii@gmail.com or call me at 856-472-0334 I'm looking for $12,500 for the car.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][url=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics012kz0.jpg]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I also have a full picture build out journal for anyone who is going to compete with the car. It has pictures of every item that a judge would look for and I have never lost points in the "Presentation" section of competition.

Please see more pictures and build out photos at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/301151

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Default RE: FS: 1999 BMW 328I with Competition Audio System in NJ

Some interior pictures:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]