For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

79 450 SLC For Sale- Quick Sale Needed

Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Default 79 450 SLC For Sale- Quick Sale Needed

Beautiful Classic Top-of-The-Line Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC
My 1979 Mercedes is in good condition though not perfect. It has 133k miles on the car and a brand new interior. I need to sell this because I am starting graduate school at GA Tech. This car is a great classic collectible with a great investment opportunity. I originally purchased this car as a project and just don't have the time to finish it and need money for school.

Exterior:

The paint is overall shiny condition with minor flaws with a straight body. The hood does need to be repainted due to a missing hood liner that made the clear-coat flake off. There is a piece of door trim that is missing on the drivers side but can easily be replaced. There are no signs of rust even in the rocker panels. One of the wheel is not chrome but the standard Mercedes gray but was like that when I bought the car. I only realized this about a two months ago.

Interior:
I just put in a new interior 1 month before I found out I got into school. One look at the interior and you will be impressed. The seats were professionally re-uphostered in the OEM style and original color with newer style headrests (older ones are funky looking). The carpet is in excellent condition with late model floor mats. The dash is in great condition with no cracks. The car does not have a radio hooked up but I do have a spare CD Player it this is a concern.

Mechanical

Car runs great mechanically. Smooth Mercedes motor with great shifting automatic transmission.

Suspension
Car could probably use some new rubber bushings but handles like a dream. There is a humming noise that happens when turning but I think it is just a brake pad that the retainer is bent (easy fix).

Issues:

[ul][*]When I purchased the car I had it inspected by a shop: The A/C belt is off so I don't know if the a/c works or not. Drivers side window needs help up and down (needs new motor)[*] Drivers side rear window motor needs to be replaced. I have purchased the replacement motor but I haven't had time to replace it.[*]Sunroof works but occationally trips a fuse so I haven't used it.Small Leak in the center exhaust section and header coupling[*]Trunk key is broken in half so access to the trunk is limited. I'm sure an key shop would be able to make a replacement. Once again something I never got time to replace. [/ul]
I encourage you to come by and drive the car; you will be impressed. Hopefully this car will end up in the hands of someone that has the time to make this car perfect. Please email me with questions, I will respond in a timely manner.

I apologize for the setting of the pictures. These were taking up in Lake Rabun when I loaned my car to my father. The car has been driven regularly. I have plenty more pictures as well.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Default RE: 79 450 SLC For Sale- Quick Sale Needed

Here are more pics