Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/sale-trade-classifieds-6/)
-   -   1987 Mercedes Benz 300TD (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/sale-trade-classifieds-6/1987-mercedes-benz-300td-56976/)

skyhogg 10-19-2016 12:28 PM

1987 Mercedes Benz 300TD

2 Attachment(s)
I'm sadly selling my rare and wonderful 1987 300TD-T. This is one of very few specimens still driving the roads in the USA. By most accounts only about 1000-1500 of these 6 cylinder turbo diesel wagons were imported into the USA You will find very few of these still on the road. That said, this car is considered one of the best ever made by MB. Benz enthusiasts will tell you that at 244k miles, this car is just broken in. I know of one still driving daily with over 600k miles. This is a turn key, daily driver ready 300 TDT in excellent condition and ready to go.
The basics: It is a diesel. It is also converted to run pure biodiesel (straight vegetable oil). It has a second tank and pre filtration system for that reason. If you want to run a carbon nuetral, earth friendly fuel this car is all ready to go. I also have an 80 gallon storage and pumping station for the garage that I will include for a negotiated price additional. If you dont want to run veg you can use the second takn as an aux tank to extend your range. You can also easily remove it and sell it for between $1200-$1500. Please see video tour for more info on this system.
Mechanically the car is almost perfect. Starts right up even in coldest weather and runs like new (seriously). No knocks, or weirdness in engine. Never overheated. Steering is tight and braking solid. Suspension is exceptional and runs quieter than any car I've driven. Cruises down the freeway efforlessly. Accelerates beautifully and gets around 32mpg.
Interior is also exceptional. See video tour for more info. No cracks or damage. All electronics work except the rear right window at its own control although it works at the master. Sunroof works and has a newer bluetooth stereo with amp. 3 plug aux power as well. Winter rubber OEM mats
Exterior looks great. Original paint still gleams when clean. Has no real rust, only a couple of areas that need to be buffed out. See video tour for details. Front skirt is broken and rear left bumper has small crack and heat damage. Tires have 40-50% wear remaining with snow tires on rear. I also have a second complete set of OEM wheels to use for summer tires. YAKIMA CROSS BARS NOT INCLUDED as I have the factory cross bars.
Known issues which have been addressed:
*Newer fan clutch and radiator (never overheated)
*New rear springs
*New wheel bearings
*New climate controller and temp module
*ALL new glow plugs and glow plug module
I have a folder full of records on the car. It has been exceptionally well cared for.
Issues that I know of currently:
*Climate control glitch. Air always blows out of defrost. I havent addressed it because it doesnt affect the driving.
*Cruise control doesnt work
*Right rear window control
*I removed the headlight wipers (still have them)
*Cracked front skirt
*Crack in rear left bumper and small heat damage underneath
*Minor oil seepage as all have. Burns no oil and no significant loss
*A few body spots need to be buffed out
*Removable pieces below each headlight have rust and should be replaced. costs around $50
I know what I have in this car. It is rare and sought after, not a run of the mill 300 diesel. It runs perfectly and has the added biodiesel dimension. It seats seven and carries a ton of cargo. It needs nothing to run as a daily driver and will go virtually forever if maintained.
I will sell it if I can get what its worth. If not I'll continue to drive it as it will likely last longer than I will. Value is very relative for a car like this. I'm starting out at $4500 or my best offer and we'll go from there. Please dont lowball me as I know what I have and would rather just keep it than give it away.
No email will be returned. If your nephew needs this exact car and you want to arrange delivery because you're on an aircraft carrier in the North Sea and just need to know my final price, just start by sending me $10k and then we'll talk. But dont email me.
Call or text 801-891-4273. I will send you the detailed video tour via Whats app or Group me if you like. I can also deliver the car. Within 700 miles of SLC, UT for free. More than that and we'll negotiate a price. And dont forget about the Bio diesel pump station. I will send pics of that as requested. Around $500 to start those discussions.
Thanks for looking

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3284614

skyhogg 10-20-2016 10:24 AM

Really?! Oh ok thanks.

So guys the above car is still for sale but apparently it does not have the described conversion. It does have this cool auxiliary fuel feed system that you can run waste vegetable oil, straight vegetable oil, standard diesel fuel, or you can do what I'm doing now which is blending a 10 to 30% mix of bio fuel and diesel fuel.

If anyone is interested in the car give me a shout. Playing semantic games is fun for some as well I suppose.

skyhogg 10-20-2016 10:45 PM

well thanks again for the valuable insight and corrections. The conversions that handle your viscosity issues seem to handle them pretty well. There are thousands of people who have run their diesel engines beautifully for a long time without major internal damage on SVO and WVO.

This very car which runs as if new, has over 100,000 miles running SVO. My 1996 Ram has been running SVO for almost 100k and now has a total of 235k which I'd call pretty successful. Major internal damage? Most people dont get half those miles before destroying their engines. I believe that Rudy designed his engine to run on ground nut oils without the fear of them sustaining major internal damage.

Regardless, I know the definition of biodiesel. I run a blend of what I call homemade biodiesel. You may call it whatever you want. If you'd like to buy the car please let me know. If not i'd ask you to kindly stop highjacking my thread. Most smart people knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks again and now thats my last word to you sir.

skyhogg 10-22-2016 12:27 PM

Gone

I have removed this ad and am deleting my profile and leaving this community.