For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1974 280 Clean

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Default 1974 280 Cannonball Racer!

I love this car, it is a blast to drive. you'll get all the looks and compliments every time you're on the road. This car has all the bells and whistles, and its 40 years old! Power windows, dual zone climate control, foot lever windshield wipers, great body lines, and style! NO RUST, previous owner drove it up from Georgia. It made the trip with flying colors and has never let either one of us down.
I've taken great care of this vehicle in the time that I've had it. All of the parts listed have been done in the last year:

Brand new struts all around (rides like an absolute dream, better than some new cars today!)
All new suspension bushings/links/rubber
Rebuilt 4 barrel carb
Alternator
New tires 95% tread
New brakes
Upgraded fuses
Belts
Repaired brake lamps (notorious for the circuit boards rotting away)
Meticulous oil changes
Service records, only service by myself or Black Forrest Mercedes. (they specialize in vintage mercedes)
Brand new OEM Mercedes hood ornament (some bastard broke off the old one)

Automatic
46k, although the odometer stopped working. But with the condition the car is in I doubt it could be much more.
Previous owner took off the huge stock bumpers, I do not have the originals. A few minor issues here and there that you would expect with a 40 year old car, but overall it is very impressive in its ride quality, condition, and running ability. Always stored winters.

There is probably more that I can't think of right now. Included with vehicle are any extra parts I have laying around and original manual. I can't believe how cheap and easy parts are for this thing, its been a real pleasure.

Must see and drive to fully appreciate this beauty. I'm asking 3000 obo, willing to negotiate or possibly trade, but please don't waste my time with lowball offers or spam. Any questions, feel free to call/text 414-758-85 five two

Attached Thumbnails 1974 280 Clean-imag0380.jpg  

Last edited by gascap777; 03-07-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 AM

Is this still around? Let me know we can talk!