Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Why join the military when they're pansies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default Why join the military when they're pansies?

WASHINGTON (Sept. 14) - The U.S. military acknowledged Wednesday that it considered bombing a group of more than 100 Taliban insurgents in southern Afghanistan but decided not to after determining they were on the grounds of a cemetery.

So it's OK if they fly planes into skyscrapers, but it's NOT OK if we bomb them only if they're in a cemetary? Let's make their whole country a cemetary, then there will be no reason to bomb it again

Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Default RE: Why join the military when they're pansies?

No kidding. We are much to concerned with disrespecting them and the Muslims, when they obviously don't give a @$@# about us. Who really cares if a cemetary gets blown up? Their fault for hiding in it. As long as there is no civilian casualties, whoop-de-do.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:46 PM

I don't think you can fault the milatary, it's the politicians that make the stupid rules of engagement and they are civilians.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

All i have to say is that we came up with the nuclear bomb for when all else had failed. I say everything else has failed!

Old 09-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

We can surely expect a democratic president again because Bush's ratings are horrible. Hopefully he will do what Clinton did, end the budget deficite and carpet bomb the middle east.

(not a democrat fan, but I reason that Bush does suck)

Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 PM

Being associated with the military since I was 17 (almost 24 yrs. active duty and civilian) I totally understand you guys desire to bomb the **** out of whoever has senselessly attacked us. I hate reading in the papers and the news of our continued losses. That being said, the US has been and always will be, as a nation and general policy, respecters of life. It's what separates us from the mindless acts of terrorists. I know sometimes it's hard to swallow it when it seems we keep getting mowed down.

Now, as to the original question...I joined the military right out of high school because I wasn't ready or mature enough for college. It gave me a start in life and taught me discipline. It also gave me a strong sense of patriotism. Call me a wuss, but I still get a little swelly-eyed when I hear the national anthem and see the stars and stripes flying. Although our politicians don't always make the right decisions, regardless of party affiliation, never, NEVER think of our military as pansies.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Not the military, the liberal civilians in Washington who would rather have another skyscraper oblitterated versus us destroying that crowd and some minor issues of violence occuring. I agree with the fact of being politicially correct some point, however a good politician knows where to draw the line on issues him or herself

Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 PM

Well, I'll grant you that it's largely political. But I still have to stay with the notion that for us to have bombed them during a funeral would make us just as weasely (if that's a word) as who we're fighting.

I don't know the answer. This is outside the conventional wisdom of war. I don't know how to combat a people who don't even care about their own lives. Suicide bombing makes no sense to a rational thinking nation, for the most part, as the US.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm a Retired Army Veteran, and I do agree with the sentiment of the others, with the exception of being pansies of course. We're not pansies.

However, if you have to result in armed conflict or the declaration of war, then I believe there should be less of a concern for feelings. Concern for feelings is what's getting us killed, right now. If you have to resort to using a Military Machine to achieve a goal, then ACHIEVE THE GOAL; then pull your Military Machine out of the area. Afterwhich, you can send in the politicians to re-make friends, and be concerned with feelings.

My thought is this: If I have to...if I have to (hear me now), if I have to resort to the use of extreme force (such as the military), then the ultimate goal is to overwhelm you so to the point you don't want no more of me! Or, until there is a cessation of life, or the possibility of a threatening response. In other words, I'm wiping out all of your capability to fight back. And I'm not going to let up until that's done!

I'm not interested in Lulls, Slowdowns, or Breathers...no, no, it's about carnage, meyhem, gore, destruction, and devastation.

Now, I'm not violent man, so hear me when I say; "if I have to go there...it's gonna be on!" And I won't quit until it's done, and I don't plan on taking all day, either! You feel me?

Old 09-14-2006, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 97dmsrS420

I'm a Retired Army Veteran, and I do agree with the sentiment of the others, with the exception of being pansies of course. We're not pansies.

However, if you have to result in armed conflict or the declaration of war, then I believe there should be less of a concern for feelings. Concern for feelings is what's getting us killed, right now. If you have to resort to using a Military Machine to achieve a goal, then ACHIEVE THE GOAL, and then pull your Military Machine out of the area. Then you can send in the politicians to re-make friends, and be concerned with feelings.

My thought is this: If I have...if I have to (hear me now), if I have to resort to the use extreme force (such as the military), then the ultimate goal is to overwhelm you so to the point don't want no more of me! Or, until there is a cessation of life, or possibility threatening response. In other words, I'm wiping out all of your capability to fight back. And I'm going to let up until that's done!

I'm not interested in Lulls, Slowdowns, or Breathers...no, no, it's about carnage, meyhem, and gore.

I'm not violent man, so hear me when I say; "if I have to go there...it's gonna be on!" And I won't quit until it's done, and I don't plan on taking all day, either! You feel me?
You're right. To add to that...our biggest problem is that we (US) have become soft with political correctness. For years now we've been the superpower and IMHO we forgot what it was like to get our butts handed to us. But because we (politically) want to be friends with everyone, we can't step on anybodies toes or do the job that needs to be done..

Quick Reply: Why join the military when they're pansies?