Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Drinking and Driving on the Autobahn

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Default Drinking and Driving on the Autobahn

Brits can now drink 24/7 in their favorite pubs . If the German police think they had a problem in the past, wait until this 24/7 thing gets rolling.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Default RE: Drinking and Driving on the Autobahn

I bet those cops will have a blast chasing the culprits in those new souped up Porsches.

I know I certainly would.

I'd give them a good head start, just so I could crank it up!

Old 11-24-2005, 11:09 AM

I bet those cops will have a blast chasing the culprits in those new souped up Porsches.
Yep, a whole lot better than a Crown Vic.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Drinking 24 hours in the UK, doesn't surprise me, the Bris do like their pints. You get caught D and D in Germany and you loose your license forever and pay Thousand of marks. On the Autobahn you can get a ticket for drinking a cup of coffe while driving. The German can't undrestand why American's need cup holders in cars/

Also, if you run out of gas on the autobahn, the police will bring you enough gas to get to the next station and you get a ticket. Also, if you are driving too slow in the left lane and someone blinks you to move over and you don't, and there are police you can get a ticket and and heafty find. It take 6 months and several thousand dollars just to get a driver license over there.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:42 AM

I wondered why my SL doesn't have a cupholder.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:39 AM

The cops over there drive Porche's?! Wow! I think I need to become a police officer and then move to Europe!

Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 AM

Just a special unit. Sort of a SWAT Team of pursuit vehicles.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 PM

The German think we are crazy people, wanting a cupholders in a car, even cell phones, but more an more German are getting them, It is against the law also to talk on a cell phone on the Autobahn, that law is has been in effect for a long time. But the German police ignore it most of the time, unless the driver has a phone in each hand and is steering with his knees, I seen plenty of that. Also, people reading news papers barreling down the interstate, and the proverbial women puttin on makeup looking in the rear view. In Germany I believe you ge the death penalty fo doing this. Reading Newspapers, you have to sit in the Reichstadt for a week. The Ugly American syndrome again

Old 11-27-2005, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: C280 wizard

The German think we are crazy people, wanting a cupholders in a car, even cell phones, but more an more German are getting them, It is against the law also to talk on a cell phone on the Autobahn, that law is has been in effect for a long time. But the German police ignore it most of the time, unless the driver has a phone in each hand and is steering with his knees, I seen plenty of that. Also, people reading news papers barreling down the interstate, and the proverbial women puttin on makeup looking in the rear view. In Germany I believe you ge the death penalty fo doing this. Reading Newspapers, you have to sit in the Reichstadt for a week. The Ugly American syndrome again
Haha, yes, us Americans do a lot of that stuff. There are certain states that don't allow the use of a cell phone during vehicle operation. I drive with my knees sometimes. Only when lighting a smoke. But a cupholder...come on now...that is a necessity!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:44 PM

I agree a cupholder is a necessity. My 79 450SLC has no cupholders, evey Try drinking a coffee and putting the cup on the center console against the arm rest?? I am goin to get one that the dealer has it snaps on and looks almost stock. And no too expenses, I can't stand no have at least a cupholder.

Quick Reply: Drinking and Driving on the Autobahn