New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New Member here

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Smile New Member here

I'm George Watson and just bought a new 2019 MB E450 Coupe. Traded in my 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe. I always like a 2 door and waited for the E class coupe to come out. I like the technology and the E450 is loaded with everything except Air Body Control. I wanted to try it (Air Control) out but one dealer said it would be $2000 per wheel to replace when it went bad after the warranty was done.

I'm an Engineer and old enough to retire but I still like working so I tell them I'm about 3 bad meetings from retirement.

My minor gripe so far is the locking of the car after I walk away from it. Yes, I know if I just touch the door handle it locks (My wife's Ford Explorer has the same behavior). And I usually put something in the trunk and use the close and lock button and walk away. I got used to my Cadillac and the key fob. I just closed the door or trunk and walked away and the car would lock. I have heard the argument that if I leave grandpa in the car, he is locked in, but surely with all the seat sensors, the car could tell if someone is still in the car before it locks. The other oddity is the memory seats are not tagged to a key fob. On my CTS if I had the #1 fob in my pocket, the seats would move to my settings and if my wife drove the CTS, it would move to her settings.

So if any MB Engineers read this forum, I would at least like the option of a setting for the door lock to lock the car when the key fob was outside the car or trunk and nobody was sitting inside the car.