Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/new-mercedes-benz-forum-members-area-4/)
-   -   New Member & Also New at Benz Dealership (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/new-mercedes-benz-forum-members-area-4/new-member-also-new-benz-dealership-10283/)

Flagship 03-24-2006 02:03 AM

New Member & Also New at Benz Dealership

Hello Gentlemen,

Just became a member of the board and want to say Hello to everyone. I also just started working at Flagship Motorcars, Herb Chambers Mercedes Benz, in Lynnfield on route 1.

If I could be any of your service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

sleepwalker 03-24-2006 03:17 AM

RE: New Member & Also New at Benz Dealership

welcome phillip.

BikerDrew 03-24-2006 11:53 AM

What is your background in automobiles? Welcome aboard!

Flagship 03-25-2006 01:59 AM

thank you gentlemen :)

drew, i have owned 2 BMW 5er's and a few other Japanese automobiles. That's my background. My knowledge about automobiles, especially Mercedes Benz, is very little. I had never been a car sales man before. No experience whatsoever. I want to be the best and yet still be able to have a good reputation at the same time. the automobile business has such a dismal reputation and i plan to set myself apart. If you have any advice for me, Drew, I am all ears :) Thank you.

Flagship 03-30-2006 05:32 PM

sold a white 2006 E55 AMG. am so pumped right now :)

K1MOTORSPORT 03-30-2006 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forum Philip!

Flagship 03-31-2006 12:22 PM

thanks very much, K1 :)

BikerDrew 03-31-2006 12:52 PM

As you know, you will gain your customer's respect through product knowledge. Good luck to you!

sleepwalker 03-31-2006 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Flagship

sold a white 2006 E55 AMG.
good commission i guess.

my previous company is selling 1 MB every two days. two months before the year ends, they got nothing more to sell. that's where grey market comes in.

they spend their time having outdoor activities fun and good night life.

Flagship 04-01-2006 01:07 AM

drew, thank you and i couldn't agree with you more. because i've been selling for 10 days, i don't know too much about MB cars. perhaps, you can give me some pointers about them in general. i'm going to learn as much as i can. in the past 10 days, i've sold 5 cars. the proudest ones are the '06 E55 and CLS 500 :) i sold the CLS tonight purely because i gave my client my honest thoughts of white vs. burgundy color. i didn't push people whatsoever. i like to have my clients look at me as a person rather than a salesman, which those 5 people did. i hope to build my clientele in the years to come.

walker, i make more on used. commission on new cars isn't great. however, my dealership gives out great bonuses and incentives when you reach a certain number.

if i could serve anyone in the new england area, please do not hesitate to contact me. thank you.

best,