New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New 240d owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Default New 240d owner

New to the site and I own an 81 240d all original second owner I love this car but its got to go.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Default RE: New 240d owner

ORIGINAL: datdude

New to the site and I own an 81 240d all original second owner I love this car but its got to go.
Welcome, and if that means you're going to sell it, then I'm sorry for your pending loss...
I'd love to read all about your auto under the diesel section so that all diesel lovers can see it. Still, I have to ask here, does it have to go because bugs tend to commit mass suicide on your rear windshield? Or does it have multiple problems that you simply don't want to contend with?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM

Lol thats funny. No actually its only problem is it has some rust on the front driver side fender and on the under carage. The car for the most part is in good shape. The interior is absoloutely flawless. It runs and drives gets great gas mileage. Its got 137,000 actual miles on it. The main reason I got to let it go is because I just cant stand watching it just sit around and rust. See we dont drive the car but i did at one point and still love it alot. Its just that I care enough about it that id rather sale it to someone who really loves this model and wants to give it some tlc. I dont know if this makes any sense to you or not but basicly I know if I dont sell it it will just rust away cause as much as I still love the car I just and got the time for it and have several other vehicles now.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I know exactly what you mean "If you love it set it free"

Old 11-30-2006, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: datdude

Lol thats funny. No actually its only problem is it has some rust on the front driver side fender and on the under carage. The car for the most part is in good shape. The interior is absoloutely flawless. It runs and drives gets great gas mileage. Its got 137,000 actual miles on it. The main reason I got to let it go is because I just cant stand watching it just sit around and rust. See we dont drive the car but i did at one point and still love it alot. Its just that I care enough about it that id rather sale it to someone who really loves this model and wants to give it some tlc. I dont know if this makes any sense to you or not but basicly I know if I dont sell it it will just rust away cause as much as I still love the car I just and got the time for it and have several other vehicles now.
I'm extremely attached to Bruno, my old 1982 300D T, so your feelings make perfect sense. I tend to steer clear of rust of any kind, but your auto does sound nice. ( BTW, I stole that joke from Kent Bergsma of http://www.mercedessource.com ) I know the 240D's are slow but I could live with it just because of the great milage.

I was born on Galveston Island, TX, but I'm now living on Fox Island WA. I see you're in Sweetwater Texas and as much as I would like to own a sweet old 240D, the logistics are impossible. However, Henry Schuman of http://www.schumanautomotive.com/schufrst.html lives in Clifton TX. Since he's in the business and in your state, he may know someone nearby who wants a 240D.
Check it out. He and the great mechanics that hang out there are naturally very helpful people.
Best of luck,
charlie
BTW, what are you asking for it? I mean if the price is right.... someone here might just go for it.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 PM

Probably like 1500.00