New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello from York - may have posted this twice in error!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Question Hello from York - may have posted this twice in error!

Firstly, Hello everyone !

I am new to this game and used to be a member of a Smart Car Forum (not too unlike this site) and thought it would be a good idea, now that I have puchased an actual MB, to join this one!

So, I have got a A160 W Reg (2000) A'guard and I am confused by a couple of things ......
  • [*]
The roof - I have looked at the motor and there are metal shavings around the driving wheel that makes contact with the worm drive rods that controll the roof. Is this normal or signs of ware? If so, how can I fix this? Are we talking replacement worm drive rod things or motor?

The "Air-Con" - Now I have been told that I have climate controlled air conditioning but MB dont call it Air-con? I have a heater control dial with numbers on it, an ECO button and a button with a square printed on it with 2 wavey lines through it. It never seems to blow cold air?? Am I missing something or is the Air-Con not working!?

I would really appreciate any response anyone can give me about these issues or my car in general - as long as its not abuse about owning a Smart Car .... or 2

Thanks
Adam

Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 PM

ECO button turns the air cond off/= economy mode