New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

1991 350 SDL 116000 miles Shaking at Stop Signs

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Default 1991 350 SDL 116000 miles Shaking at Stop Signs

I have a W126, its

INJECTION PUMP - MERCEDES-BENZ (603-070-32-01-80)

Mercedes 350 SDL 1991 automobile? It has 111000 miles on it.

The injection pump was just taken off by the Mercedes Dealer and reattached after a complete check by an authorized Bosch Shop in Fort Lauderdale. The shop works on all kinds of Diesel Pumps.

I will tell you why this was done:

Long story, but minor leaks were noted at the base of delivery valves 1 and 3. Mercedes wanted to put on a new pump, but this was not available. They then told me to take it to some private mechanic to replace the washer and O rings in these delivery valves. I did. That is when trouble started with the car, with severe idling shake and black smoke through the tail pipe. The car was running smoothly before all this.

The mechanic who replaced the washers and the O rings at the base of the delivery valves told me , 'its an easy job, I have a special tool for it'. After he did the work the car started blowing dark smoke and had severe vibrations.

Towed it back to the dealer and they agreed to take out the injection pump for me, and allow their mechanic to drive 30 minutes to the repair shop of the injection pump, where it was rebuilt. Cost $1200. Total billto me from Mercedes $3300.

Now 2 days ago, the young mechanic and I took a drive around the dealership. The car starts smoothly, and runs smoothly, and the enhgine does not vibrate at all, and there is no smoke in the tail pipe.

But, at stop lights the entire car rocks up and down gently, as if you are being craddled in your mother's lap. It is a slow up and down bounce in line with the runiing of the engine, and disppears as you rev up...

He took it inside the shop to 'adjust' the rpms and then said he wanted to keep it another day to check something.

Yesterday I got a call stating that the problem could be a 'streched timing chain' or ' faulty spray' in the fuel injectors. To correct both of these problems the cost would be $2600.

Help please.

What is going on?

What should I do? The car is still at the dealership.

The person who refurbished the original pump informed me that this car's pump does not have any mechanical sliding adjustment feature because of the electronic features.