Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes SLK Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-slk-class-14/)
-   -   slk200 2004 eaton supercharger - looking for a spring (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-slk-class-14/slk200-2004-eaton-supercharger-looking-spring-46191/)

zeusthegreatest 12-24-2010 06:28 AM

slk200 2004 eaton supercharger - looking for a spring

4 Attachment(s)
i've struck a problem and looking for international help! :-) my manual slk200 dec2004 with about 80000 km lost the kick and the engine light came up and a little noise appeared. i took it to the mechanics straight away. after being quoted an 8 hour labor to remove and refit the supercharger (as the 'doctors' determined the noise coming of it) and a few days later waiting for really bad news, i was told a spring had broke and there is no further damage to supercharger. how wrong was i to think i have no issues?? i cannot find the spring!!!! merc only sells the complete supercharger for $5300AU!!! the only eaton distributor here only sells the part where the spring is (part number 307929 - 29DCB BEARING SPACER or i've seen it called the pulley) for $1000!!! and all i need is a $4 spring!!! does anyone else have/had same issue and can direct me elsewhere?? i've contacted eaton contact for the part in cleveland (as per their website) and they said the spring is not sold as a part.. so why on earth did it break and why should i pay $1000 for something i don;t need??? i'm attaching some photos of the part and the spring and desperately hoping someone can advise what to do /where to go. someone local suggested to find a company to make me the spring.. but i am really worried to put a non-eaton part and have more issues later on. advise? opinion? i would pay whatever to get the spring wherever in the world! :-) thanks in advance and very happy holiday to all!

zeusthegreatest 12-27-2010 04:08 AM

found the spring

i spent a lot of time on this and contacted a lot of eaton distributors in states, i've now got 1 reply and with some luck i will be getting the spring shortly.$65 + shipping. i am also getting the oil for supercharger from them. if anyone is interested its SpinningWheels-SC About us and they also have ebay shop. fantastic service too!!!

marcscb 12-29-2010 04:58 AM

OMG ZEUS.. THE SAME PROBLEM, maybe the same day!! :)
I'll try to contact SpinningWheels-SC too.. And i really hope to find the spring :)

zeusthegreatest 12-30-2010 02:10 AM

well they asked me if i wanted more than 1 as they have a few. so u r in a better luck (with me doing all the hard work) :-) my spring is on its way now. good luck, they r excellent in service, replied to me over xmas and shipped the first day post office opened after. so u should not have any issues, the names are Victor and Diane and all contact details on the website.

marcscb 12-31-2010 02:42 AM

yes! :) thx a lot!.. you really do all the hard work!
I also buy it yesterday!
I only hope that the spring is the right one! If it will be good i'll buy more! :D
In italy the price of the supercharger is €. 1844,00..
When i buy my slk they give me a paper: "Mercedes.. a world of surprises" And now I'm going to understand :)

zeusthegreatest 01-01-2011 06:25 AM

glad to help! the spring is identical to the one i took photos of. they also sent me email with sizes of the spring and it also matches mine. mine is now at the post office waiting for public holidays to finish, should be delivered to me tuesday the 4th and i'll take it to the mechanics straight away. hope to have my car back soon after. :-) i hate mercedes now but luv my slk (but did see sls amg on display yesterday and totally luved it!!!) thank god for america!!!! :-)

marcscb 01-24-2011 09:01 AM

Helppppppp!! Zues!!!

Hello Zeus! I have a problem! Surely you are able to solve it: my mechanic must install the supercharger does not have the technical details for the review ... I don't know what this card, but perhaps you have been able to solve this with your mechanic ..
HELPPPPPPPPP!!