Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Remote Starter for SLK

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Default Remote Starter for SLK

Alright, right now it's 13 degrees outside (Burr) and I'm tired of running out to my car, starting it and running back inside to the warmth of my house or office. I've read the postings on Benzworld and this forum about this subject but there were no clear responses to what is available out there.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer and model number of a remote start kit for the 98-02 SLK models that works? Costs? Pro's? Cons? Does the MB Dealer have something special? Etc. If there's nothing out there, are the aftermarket versions available at Best Buy or Circuit City a chop shop job?

If so, please post something for all the people who live in snow prone areas can start their car from inside the house. I'm sure your advice is appreciated greatly!!!

GT56E4

Old 12-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Default RE: Remote Starter for SLK

http://www.autobarn.net/readremremca.html

EDIT: Wont work on MB 1998 up [:-]

Maybe this one will??

http://www.slickcar.com/searchresult...te+car+starter

Bazzle Google search

Old 12-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Heya

Not sure about the states but over here Clifford alarms to a remote engine starter as you say, and it costs £320.00 so im guessing about $570.00 ish.. The benefits are that you can sit back and enjoy switching your engine on from your bedroom, while it warms up and de-mists until you get ready and leave... Downside is whoever installs has to remove original alarm system and rewire throughout car which needs to be done properly to look as it did new, therefore can cost and isnt realllly a personal install type job!

Hope that helps

S

Old 12-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Well my remote start system was probably a little more expensive than what it cost usually because I had some other nifty automatic things put on it like automatic remote door locks integrated with the vaccum system, alarm integrated with the original (double protection.) the remote start, the sensors and key fob display (i.e if someone or a cat bumps my car, I will know, also if it's running or doors are open and stuff like that. And also came with this funny touch pad on the windshield (I haven't figured out the true purpose yet but it's look like if I'm parked wrong and someone touches it, my fob beeps.) And then theres the other knick knacks and that ran me some over $1,000 for everything and it was done at the MB shop so they knew what they was doing basically. But it is handy and the faces of passerbys as your Mercedes starts is priceless.

safatopia covered the cons and pros for the most part. Just don't get no wack job.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:38 PM

Blackwolf,

What brand is your starter? Did you get it from the MB dealer or did you buy the starter and have the MB dealer install it?

Thanks!

GT 56E4