Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes SLK Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-slk-class-14/)
-   -   Passenger Side Mirror (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-slk-class-14/passenger-side-mirror-5593/)

SLK320Chic 07-14-2005 08:10 PM

Passenger Side Mirror

Alright, my car has the auto dimming at night for the rear view mirror and drivers side mirror. I've noticed that the passenger side mirror does not tint blue along with the other 2 mirrors. Is it not supposed to? Or what is wrong? Thanks in advance!

BikerDrew 07-14-2005 09:10 PM

RE: Passenger Side Mirror

Mine does the same thing. Hope it isn't broke either.

SLK320Chic 07-14-2005 10:10 PM

lol, okay, good, at least I'm not the only one with this issue...now we just need an answer!

SLK320Chic 07-18-2005 04:08 AM

sleepwalker...Patrick...lugnut...do any of you know?

sleepwalker 07-18-2005 05:55 AM

uhmmnnnn let me guess.....

first, are you sure that the passenger side side mirror got auto dimming function too? can you see a small round photo sensor on it on closer inspection?

i agree that the driver's side got one and the interior rear view mirror serves as the master for the automatic dimming exterior rearview mirror (driver's side).

if SLK320Chic and BikerDrew got the same problem... then i think the passenger side rearview mirror isn't an auto dimming at all.

anybody's SLK yet is the same?

if an interior light is switched "on" or the reverse gear is engaged, the interior rearview mirror is always switched on to a brighter setting. (well...the slave mirror will follow too i guess).

i might be wrong, but this is what i think for now.;)

Lugnut 07-18-2005 06:57 AM

My SL works the same way as yours. I've had other makes of cars that work this way, too. I can't say for certain if yours is supposed to work this way, but chances are it is.

... I guess it depends on what the definition of the word "is" is.

SLK320Chic 07-24-2005 07:34 AM

Well, if BikerDrew and I have the same issue with it...I presume it's not supposed to dim. I'll have to look for a sensor on the passenger mirror.

tancalvo 11-17-2005 04:00 AM

My 99 slk has the driver side and the rear view mirror that darkens depending on the lighting situation the passenger is always stat

corkscrew 11-18-2005 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: SLK320Chic

Alright, my car has the auto dimming at night for the rear view mirror and drivers side mirror. I've noticed that the passenger side mirror does not tint blue along with the other 2 mirrors. Is it not supposed to? Or what is wrong? Thanks in advance!
The passenger side mirror does not dim. Take a close look at the edges of the mirrors on the driver's and the passenger's side. The driver's mirror will have a thin black frame around the glass edge. The passenger mirror will only have the bare glass.

joey s500 coupe 10-18-2007 03:45 PM

RE: both Side Mirror

hi i cant firgure out whats wrong with my side mirror they both stop folding in and out and they both stop ajusting up or down and left to right what cloud it be