Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

"thats the way it works" dealer response

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Default "thats the way it works" dealer response

I have two issues I need help with, both which the MB dealer service poeple said were the way it was designed.

1. The passenger window will not fully retract into the door. About 1/2 inch is always sticking out. Not like this on the drivers side.

2. The windshield washer fluid pours out of the tube between the reservoir and the filler cap when you try to refill it. It does not ever reach the filler entry point so you can tell when it is full. It just runs out on the ground

I do not think that is the way it was designed. Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Default RE: "thats the way it works" dealer response

ORIGINAL: 52willysm38
1. The passenger window will not fully retract into the door. About 1/2 inch is always sticking out. Not like this on the drivers side.

2. The windshield washer fluid pours out of the tube between the reservoir and the filler cap when you try to refill it. It does not ever reach the filler entry point so you can tell when it is full. It just runs out on the ground
1. The windows are slightly domed so when full down the centre is slightly higher then the door seal but its only about 3 or 4mm on my windows, both are almost the same.
2. I've had it at the dealer about this and they say the pipe neck is a loose fit in the bottle, said they tried to seal it but its just the same when I got it back. [:@]Other people say it can be sealed it but I cant be bothered, just hope Merc quality is better in other area's
Brian

Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 AM

Window stop need adj.

Washer neck is supposed to be sealed at point it enters bottle behind inner guard.
Needs to be resealed.

Bazzle

Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

My windows both park about 4mm high as well. thr ear quarter windows also park with the points up about 10mm.

My washer bottle has the same symtoms. I thought it was cracked. Anyone got instructions for a solid repair?

Since we all seem to have the same issues, there must be a TSB on these.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 PM

No TSB on washer ive seen.
Just remove, clean with brake or carby cleaner etc, re sea with modern window type glue.

Bazzle

Old 08-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Does anyone know the correct proceedure for adjusting the door windows parking position? My windows seal perfectly when up. As stated above, they don't go al the the way down. Should I even mess with them? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew
Should I even mess with them?
Well if it didn't bother you before this thread started why mess with them! but if its now bugging you looks like you'll have to do something (dont think 4mm would bug me though but 1/2 inch would )
Brian

Old 08-24-2005, 06:04 PM

The windows do park just proud of seal (4-6mm or so).
By adj I meant if they are 12-15mm or more and different side to side. Leave alone.

Bazzle

Old 08-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

yes. 5mm is fine.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

OK. I'll leave 'um alone. Thanks All!

Quick Reply: "thats the way it works" dealer response