Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

SL560 1987 blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:55 AM

hi again.
the noise is still there though i cleaned and sprayed it.
now i am looking for another solution. i even went online to find another unit to replace mine.
or would you have another quick suggestion what I can try out to solve the noise problem?
as said, it sounds like the fans sometimes have a problem in rotation and then makes the noise. it happens from time to time when using while driving or also sometimes when I shut it off. and when i took the unit out for cleaning I rotated the fans and then i heard a sound too. it was like the fans are too close to the cover :-)

i would like to solve the problem quick :-) hate that noise when it comes up. im close to spend about 600 dollars for another unit :-(

Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Default Sorry that lubrication didn't work out

Only other idea I've got would be to take the motor out of the car and have a electric motor repair tech take a look/listen to it; google the phrase and add your location at the end-see what comes up.

If you're also going to look for used, some places I've dealt with over the years are...

Used Auto Parts, Car Parts

Used Mercedes Parts, Rust Free in Arizona

LKQ

That blower motor was used on many model years of the 107, and perhaps other MB models. Make sure you give the part # to any of these guys, and try to get at least a 30-day return if their replacement motor isn't acceptable to you. No doubt you'll be glad when all this is solved.

Bob

Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 AM

thanks, Bob!

Your information is always appreciated.

(the main thing happened today!!! only oil change and checking break fluids led to a break-breakdown!!! had to leave the car behind as breaks did not work anymore. now i have to find out the number of that part and order it from abroad! problems problems and everybody thinks that a mercedes is good quality... nope.... )

Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 AM

Given your bad luck recently and string of troubles, I'd skip buying lottery tickets for awhile.

You mentioned having to order parts from overseas; just where are you located? Please complete your profile;once members know where you are, you might get some additional help from someone local to you.

About the brake part number. Since you didn't name the part you're after, use these sites to attempt to find the p/n for your car. The first is an MBUSA site, Electronic Parts Catalog. If you are in the US, you'll need your complete VIN#(letters and numbers) plus a credit card only used to verify your ID. The service itself is FREE. Outside the US, there is an annual subscription charge of around $20.

EPC-net Online

or

The MB CLub of Russia has put up it's version of the same catalog, but imo it's a tad less complete. This site is 100% FREE, and again you'll need your complete VIN#. Some of the instructions are in English and/or Russian but very intuitive to work your way thru the screens to the parts section. The parts, pictures, and part numbers are all annotated in English so quite easy to read.

Модель

Based on the part you need, remember the dismantler/used parts sites I sent you. Once you have the part number, you can always let them search for you. Good Hunting-

Bob

Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 AM

hehehehe, yes Bob. I do not play lottery at all.

I just bought the wrong car. Not a bad luck now, just made the wrong decision. A few bucks more and I could have bought then a restored car. Would be less work now

I updated the profile with my location. Do not think that there are any japanese people here and if, that they speak english

I am looking on the net such auction site to buy a part catalogue. That should help in the future.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 AM

[quote=SunGuy62;153597]

EPC-net Online

does not say how much subscription is and the info there starts only with 1994. My car is from the 80s :-)

I will try to get parts catalogue as print out or on cd. there must be some out there for sale

Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Default On-line Parts Catalog

Sorry the EPC didn't go back far enough; the MB Club of Russia site does.

I used my old VIN# from my '87 560SL at the Russian site and the parts catalog and schematics come up. Look for the 'Brakes' listing and that link will take you to the 'Brakes' section; click on 'Booster' and it will display the master cylinder, brake booster etc. along with part #'s and in addition, the part # for a rebuild kit for the master cylinder. Same link as posted earlier...

Модель

Bob