Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

s 55 amg ( 2002) active body control

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Default s 55 amg ( 2002) active body control

Light has been on and car tilts to one side and is resting on tire. car does not rise up , fluid level was ok ..is this the valve block ? and how much $$$ am I looking at .

Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jiffy
Light has been on and car tilts to one side and is resting on tire. car does not rise up , fluid level was ok ..is this the valve block ? and how much $$$ am I looking at .
Its really hard to say what it is. could be a bad strut , ABC pump, valve block, or dirty fluid. or a broken level control sensor.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by chassis221
Its really hard to say what it is. could be a bad strut , ABC pump, valve block, or dirty fluid. or a broken level control sensor.
So if I take it into a dealership rodeo will tell me whats wrong , is that correct... which of the above is the most costly , curious. thanks

Old 02-25-2014, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jiffy
So if I take it into a dealership rodeo will tell me whats wrong , is that correct... which of the above is the most costly , curious. thanks
Rodeo will not tell u whats wrong. it basically bleeds the system of air. sometimes the suspension is doing funky things and sometimes just doing a flush will help eliminate some of the small dirt and debris in the fluid. usually the pump is the most expensive it's the most labor-intensive also..about 5-6 hours labor depending on your vehicle. I would recommend doing a ABC fluid flush and replace the filter..sometimes small particles get stuck in the valves and the valves won't close thus allowing the car to sag.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by chassis221
Rodeo will not tell u whats wrong. it basically bleeds the system of air. sometimes the suspension is doing funky things and sometimes just doing a flush will help eliminate some of the small dirt and debris in the fluid. usually the pump is the most expensive it's the most labor-intensive also..about 5-6 hours labor depending on your vehicle. I would recommend doing a ABC fluid flush and replace the filter..sometimes small particles get stuck in the valves and the valves won't close thus allowing the car to sag.
When I bought the car three years ago , I didn't no this wasn't normal , but , after I would drive the car , car would sag to the point you couldn't put your hand underneath the tire . Than when you started the car it would raise up off the ground. So to me this was normal ( for three years ) . Than all of a sudden the car would stay raised up but higher than normal ( with the red light ) , along with the cars suspension all over the place when hitting bumps . Now the car is resting on one side .