Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Potholes

Old 01-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Default Potholes

So my loving wife wants to attend a swanky dinner party in DC with her coworkers. Sure, I will take you, no problem. On the way, I drive the S600 right into a pothole at 60 mph on the freeway destroying a tire. I bought 2 new tires on tirerack ($480) and a new rim just in case (19" X 8.5") ($800). They mount the tires tomorrow. What a hassle.

Could have sent her by Uber for $35. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Default More on the pothole story

So I order 2 tires from tirerack.com ($240 each). Also ordered a new wheel just in case I bent it in the pothole ($800 at the dealer). Installer says it was bent and mounted two new front tires including moving the TPMS sensor over. Take it for a test ride and can hear a rear bearing rhythmically tapping. Almost sounds like a rear tire rubbing the arch.

Taking it for an oil change next wee and will let you know what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.