Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes S Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-s-class-11/)
-   -   My 2000 S500 acceleration problem? (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-s-class-11/my-2000-s500-acceleration-problem-41620/)

Fobanginvtek 03-10-2010 01:43 AM

My 2000 S500 acceleration problem?

I test drove this car my dad just bought ( will be mine soon ), and as i tried to floor it a little, the acceleration stopped completely. I could not gas it no more, but engine was still on. I push it all the way down and all nothings happening it was just idling. so i had to park it, turn it off and then on, and it worked fine again. Is this a problem for anyone???

chassis221 03-10-2010 05:27 PM

could be a gas pedal you need. thats a common symptom.

Fobanginvtek 03-11-2010 02:57 AM

pardon? No.....I don't think thats it...

MB-TECH-38 03-11-2010 08:20 PM

Foban,
Chassis gave you his opinion and experiance . do you want a list of things it could be . remember the car is not in front of us . we are trying to diagnose over the NET. the pedal has sensors that need to be read by the engine management system , its not just a Pedal
could be air mass meter
colgged exhaust [ cats ]
fuel problem
injector problem
we can only give you possibilities

chassis221 03-11-2010 10:07 PM

Thank you MB Tech!...Ive replaced many for that exact complaint with a throttle potentiometer codes sometimes throws no codes at all ..usually if you really ease into the gas theyll work but push a more than 40% throttle it has no reaction.just kind of idles.

Fobanginvtek 03-12-2010 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by chassis221 (Post 133691)
Thank you MB Tech!...Ive replaced many for that exact complaint with a throttle potentiometer codes sometimes throws no codes at all ..usually if you really ease into the gas theyll work but push a more than 40% throttle it has no reaction.just kind of idles.

exactly! i tried to floor it a little aggressively, but not too much...and it just idled and refused to accelerate until i had to park and restart. Is this is issue? Should i not do it? or how can i get it fixed....thanks!

NAZ 03-13-2010 06:31 PM

replace AIRMASS SENSOR and problem will be solved throttle padel is very very relaiable,very rare come across this,but the fault u gettin sounds verh much of AIRMASS SENSOR...

Fobanginvtek 03-14-2010 11:05 PM

sweet thanks

Rockerfella174 03-16-2010 03:37 AM

Its the Mass Air Flow Sensor.. shouldnt be hard.. replace it with a new one.

rockerfella174
brunei darussalam

hlhunter 06-15-2015 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fobanginvtek (Post 133602)
I test drove this car my dad just bought ( will be mine soon ), and as i tried to floor it a little, the acceleration stopped completely. I could not gas it no more, but engine was still on. I push it all the way down and all nothings happening it was just idling. so i had to park it, turn it off and then on, and it worked fine again. Is this a problem for anyone???

yes I have the same problem. I have had my car parked now for 3 months