Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Key won’t turn!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:39 AM
Default Key won’t turn!

• Hi friends. I did a quick look to find an answer to my problem, but couldn’t find a thread that covers my issue. This is an S430 2001. The key won’t turn. It happened before. Fixed by getting a new 12v battery. The battery is 4 months old tested, have 12.8 volts and lot of cranking amps.
    I used the car and it took several tries wiggling the key in the ignition until it turned and start the engine. But the last time, started the engine with difficulty, then the radio shut off, the sign of low battery voltage was on, the abs sign was on, the radiator fan started at high speed so I turned the car off.

The key would not turn anymore, the key with new batteries does not activate the central locking system. Tried my second key and no success.

I can connect the computer with the scanning program, but if I am not able to turn the key, the scanner won’t read.

After hurricane Maria here in PR, I didn’t use the car for several weeks, then it was covered on the inside with mold. Also I stored in the trunk a catalyst of an epoxy and got spilled.

My question. Is there a module that controls the anti-theft in the trunk that may have connector issues.

Where should I start? Thank you.

Darrel