Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes M Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-m-class-16/)
-   -   Should I even look into getting an ML? (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-m-class-16/should-i-even-look-into-getting-ml-8929/)

mbz300sdl 01-22-2006 04:40 PM

Should I even look into getting an ML?

I was wanting to get an ML but after reading through some of these posts i am not sure if i want one anymore. Currently I have a 89 560SEL with 146k miles and a 86 300SDL both great cars and i love them but I was wanting a German suv I also currently have a 99 Isuzu Rodeo with 121K miles. I am only 20 and I wanted a German SUV that could go off-road like my Rodeo and have Leather and Heated seats like my 560 and well the G-class is kinda out of reach but a 98-01 ML isn't. I know the ML is built in Alabama so i knew it was not the same quality of true German Benzes but some of the Horror stories make me wonder if i want one know. And the BMW X5 is too much like a car i need something with low range. I know there r plently of other Luxury SUVs but i want something with a German nameplate at least. Any help?

gsfent 01-27-2006 07:21 AM

RE: Should I even look into getting an ML?

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

I was wanting to get an ML but after reading through some of these posts i am not sure if i want one anymore. Currently I have a 89 560SEL with 146k miles and a 86 300SDL both great cars and i love them but I was wanting a German suv I also currently have a 99 Isuzu Rodeo with 121K miles. I am only 20 and I wanted a German SUV that could go off-road like my Rodeo and have Leather and Heated seats like my 560 and well the G-class is kinda out of reach but a 98-01 ML isn't. I know the ML is built in Alabama so i knew it was not the same quality of true German Benzes but some of the Horror stories make me wonder if i want one know. And the BMW X5 is too much like a car i need something with low range. I know there r plently of other Luxury SUVs but i want something with a German nameplate at least. Any help?
Big quality improvements starting '02, so if your budget allows, you should seriously consider. Do a search for Wolfgang's ML page, tons of info about the vehicles and offroading.
Regards,
Jerry

mbz300sdl 01-27-2006 05:41 PM

thx man

Brigadir 01-27-2006 06:40 PM

The only thing I don't like about my 2002 ML320 is that it rides like a brick, overall the car is nice.

gsfent 01-29-2006 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Brigadir

The only thing I don't like about my 2002 ML320 is that it rides like a brick, overall the car is nice.
Funny, my ML500 rides very nicely. Shocks are showing some wear at 78k. Tires make a big difference, I have Mich 275-55/17's. Not as smooth as my old 126 560SEL, but very nice for an SUV.
Regards,
Jerry